Thread: Code 2AA9 - Variable Intake System - Servo Motor 2 Activation

My Cars
    2009 X3

Code 2AA9 - Variable Intake System - Servo Motor 2 Activation

Hey everyone. I just had my X3 scanned by my friend using an AUTEL. One of the codes that I got is: Code 2AA9 - Variable Intake System - Servo Motor 2 Activation. I have done some cursory research and seems a little confusing. Could be because I am new to BMW and some of the nomenclature is throwing me. I have seem were this may be related to the vanos but, also see where there is mention of a servo that may be the culprit. Seems there two servos, 1 large and 1 small. The one indicated by the code I received is #2 , which is the smaller one and is located under the intake. I think there is another code related to the vanos.

I am looking for confirmation of the issue - is it the vanos or the servo. I assume I will be near the vanos in the process of changing the sero so, should I replace it as well? Can you point me to any tech write-ups on performing these tasks?

Thanks for your input and assistance.

My Cars
    2009 X3
    I have continued to research this item and notice something on the original DTC code that I did not mention above. The DTC information provided is:
    Code 2AA9 - Variable Intake System - Servo Motor 2 Activation
    . It status indicated is "PRESENT". What does this mean? How does this indicate an issue or rather what issues does this indicate exists?

Further information about the SAV: I have confirmed that I have the N52K engine. Not sure if there is more than one engine available but, have noticed many articles I have found seem to refer to the M52 engine. Is there significant difference between with regards to the VANOS?

Also, I have come across articles mentioning a DISA. Does this pertain to me as well or am I crossing cars in my research?