Thread: X3 Basic Maintanence Questions

My Cars
    2009 X3

X3 Basic Maintanence Questions

I have just bought a 2009 X3 for my daughter. I would like to perfrom some basic maintenance on it since I don't know when the last time any of this has been performed. I would like to change the engine oil, front & rear differential fluid, transfer case fluid, plugs, filters (Oil, Air & Fuel) and any thing you suggest that I may have missed.

Can someone either point me to a service manual that would provide the procedures, fluids and parts to be used or provide me with the appropriate fluids to use for:

Engine Oil: (my thought here is Mobil1 0-40)
    Front Differential:
    Rear Differential:
    Transfer Case:
    Spark Plug:

I looked at Pelican Parts as I have had good luck for items with my wife's car. However, they do not have any tech articles for the differentials or transfer case. I have search here as well but not able to find anything specific for the X3.

Thanks in advance for your comments and input. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Larry

Edit: Forgot to add that I plan to have the car scanned for any codes as well in the next week or so. No lights on the dash, I just want to be sure there is something lurking that I need to address.
    Last edited by lroman3; 05-18-2020 at 01:33 PM.

My Cars
    2009 X3
    Big shout out to jclausen for hooking me up with a link to service manuals. Anyone else in need the website is: www.newtis.info. I am still looking through the site but, I believe it will answer all my questions above.

My Cars
    456 X3s
    You may find this of interest....https://youtu.be/c4zo2wUH9pI

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2009 X3
    Thanks X3456 Nice video. It does speak to the E46. However, I believe the information is pertinent to other models and is very helpful.

My Cars
    2000 E46 328ci
    Hello, a couple years ago I bought a 06 X3 103K miles, the first thing I did was replace the plugs and coils and cleaned the MAF sensor, I later replaced the MAF sensor as I was getting lean codes periodically. Next I moved onto the cooling system and did a complete overhaul including water pump and radiator. Then I ended up pulling the oil filter stand as it was leaking. The car was running flawlessly after a suspension overhaul and then my now ex-girlfriend wrecked it while driving intoxicated. I have a few brand new parts for sale that I never got around to installing if you want them (for sale at a discount). I listed them in the correct forum but you can search my posts.
    Bosch Starter motor
    BMW Fuel Pump
    Rear Brembo brake rotors and Bosch pads and parking brake shoes
    I have the correct lift gate struts
    Complete set of WeatherTech including the trunk (TAN)
    www.walmartmovie.com
    328ci, Sport Package, Xenon, Dice Media Bridge, BavAuto HP Coils, K&N 63 series aircharger, UUC TSE3, Shark Injector,