Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: New BMW Owner need ccc help/advice on upgrade

My Cars
    2005 530i

New BMW Owner need ccc help/advice on upgrade

Hi, Im Rus
    First off thanks for reading this.
    I recently purchased a used bmw, nice car, its a 2005 530i. Excellent shape, the only thing the guy said it needed was a new screen which he had. I replaced the screen and its still black, no audio.
    I have checked what fuses i could find in the truck and glove box but it will flicker no and again and the little lights by the cd and dvd light up. Ive been reading here and tried the resets etc.....I did notice there was a cd in that drive and a dvd in the dvd drive, i took the ccc apart and got them out. I have disconnected the battery over night after doing so. Im thinking I need a new ccc. I would like to get an upgrade if possible with bluetooth. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please and thanks in advance.

Rus

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    I think you’re going to have to take the car to a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers for a diagnosis. The electronix in these cars are so integrated you need either a PhD in electrical engineering or a sophisticated computer system to diagnose the issue. Try www.bimrs.org to find a reputable indie shop in your area. The shop needs to have all of the BMW proprietary software. This won’t be cheap.

My Cars
    2005 530i
    So there is no aftermarket options? I cant get a new ccc or upgrade to and newer version?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The ccc is attached to the cd disc slot it's all behind the center dash, if the car had sos, like onstar system, some times that system can cause the ccc not to work in that case you would disconnect the sos module, in the trunk and in stall the optical loop to by pass it but somebody needs to look at it

My Cars
    2005 530i
    In the trunk i also see these wires just laying there, is something missing possibly?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Typically that area is used for the nav system in older cars. Your car’s nav is in the dash.

My Cars
    2005 530i
    Ok can anyone help me, can i replace the ccc im told it has to be the same model number as mine, can i upgrade, what are my options, everything has been check and seems fine, the ccc had some oilish stuff on it near the capacitors.....i sure thats the problem. I founf one on enay but the seller says they have to be the same oem number please advise