Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Done ///M Badge Sticker Replacement Photos

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe

Never Done ///M Badge Sticker Replacement Photos

It was a beautiful afternoon here in NorCal yesterday, so I decided to install my recently purchased ///M badge stickers from Never Done Garage. Needless to say, the faded badges have been a pet peeve of mine since buying the coupe, and I'm thrilled with the results. They're only $13 for the set and well worth you time.

Some notes:

- Use an old credit card to remove current ///M stickers.
    - Took about 5-10 minutes to remove each sticker. Slow and steady.
    - Had best results with sliding the edge of the card along the edge of the sticker, instead of pushing directly against it, like a slicing motion. Pushing caused the badge to rock in place and I didn't want it to pop off.
    - Use nail polish remover and cotton towel to remove sticky goo to create a clean surface for new sticker application.
    - Wiped badges clean with microfiber cloth. They look pretty cool without the sticker!
    - Installed badges while holding bottom left and upper right corners in place to center. Rear badge was the most difficult to center and had to be unstuck several times to get it right.

Here are some before/during/after photos:

Driver's side:

Faded badge (before)

Peeled badge

New badge (after)

Passenger side:

Faded badge (before)

Peeled badge

New badge (after)

Rear:

Faded bade (before)

Peeling badge 1

Peeling badge 2

Peeling badge 3

Peeling badge 4

Peeled badge (clean)

New badge (after)

The Never Done stickers feel more substantial and I trust they'll resist the UV rays a bit better than OEM. Very impressed!

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Very nice! Such a great touch to make the car look so much better. I just had my badges and roundels replaced during a winter re-spray, and it truly makes an amazing difference.

-Todd

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by lokijibber View Post
    Very nice! Such a great touch to make the car look so much better. I just had my badges and roundels replaced during a winter re-spray, and it truly makes an amazing difference.
    Absolutely. Especially since the badge colors are the only bright color on the exterior of my Titanium Silver coupe, they pop even more now.

Now it's time to refinish my wheels and have PDR take out some door dings and my exterior will be up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe

Thumbs up

Great DIY write-up and pics, thanks Sitdownrando!

In an overabundance of caution, I used blue painters tape to outline/surround my ///M badge, figuring that if the credit card slipped or snapped the paint would be protected, and if the whole chrome badge popped of I would be able to easily align a new one in the same place. Fortunately I didn't run into either of these problems.

I freaked out a little at first thinking I was scratching the chrome under the stripe sticker as I was scraping it off. Turns out it was just the adhesive gumming up. As OP said, a little adhesive remover left a perfect surface to adhere the new decal.

The quality of the decal from Never Done Garage is impressive. We'll see how the color holds up to the AZ sun this summer...

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    Nice job! I need to do this on my silver Coupe too, my badges are well faded at this point.

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by sitdownrando View Post
    The Never Done stickers feel more substantial and I trust they'll resist the UV rays a bit better than OEM. Very impressed!
    Thanks for the great tutorial and the review of the Never Done stickers. I ordered mine this week.
    John

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    I used a plastic razor scraper used for delicate surfaces, it worked great too if no one wants to use their platinum black credit card...

My Cars
    Chariot
    Nice work!

So how about an emblem group buy? Paging Never Done vendor. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by sitdownrando View Post
    - Installed badges while holding bottom left and upper right corners in place to center. Rear badge was the most difficult to center and had to be unstuck several times to get it right.
    I got mine yesterday (ordered Wednesday morning and recd in the mail Saturday. Nice!).
    I will offer one tip to go with sitdownrando's tutorial. Rather than worry about sticking and unsticking to get them right, I just used the same method as installing paint protection film. A quick spray of the water that has a couple of drops of liquid soap in it that I used for paint protection film installation and I was able to "float" the stickers into the perfect position, squeegee out the water, done.
    John

My Cars
    2002 M Roadster Imola
    Very nice work and idea, just ordered mine yesterday Thanks

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec View Post
    So how about an emblem group buy? Paging Never Done vendor. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.
    How much cheaper than $12.50 do you want to go!! lol!
    Tyler makes things like these because he can and he likes to support fellow drivers - I doubt he's really making much margin on his products.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner919 View Post

Tyler makes things like these because he can and he likes to support fellow drivers - I doubt he's really making much margin on his products.
    Maybe he's thinking of the full ///M badge, as opposed to just the stickers? Who knows, saving $3 on the stickers frees up enough cash for a Coupe Cartel sticker from Jermey! lol

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    Chariot
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner919 View Post
    Dang, didn't realize the whole set was so cheap. [heads over to neverdone garage to place order]

My Cars
    2007 Z4///MC
    Tyler is a great guy and stands fully behind his products. Anyone know if these stickers would fit the Z4M aswell?

My Cars
    2000 s50b32 M Coupe
    I'm working with Tyler to make them:

Ill make a copy of originals and mail them, to make these available :-)

My Cars
    02 Mroady,2007 Z4 coupe
    These are great. I got a set from Tyler early on and I am glad I did.

My Cars
    2007 Z4///MC
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSasha View Post
    I'm working with Tyler to make them:

Ill make a copy of originals and mail them, to make these available :-)
    Awesome!!! Love your work DrSasha. . The side ones also preferably..

My Cars
    2000 s50b32 M Coupe
    Of course ;-)

My Cars
    '06 Z4MR, '11 328i E92
    Quote Originally Posted by vanne View Post
    Tyler is a great guy and stands fully behind his products. Anyone know if these stickers would fit the Z4M aswell?
    +1

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    sold out.

any other sources?

(i know... old thread)

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Guy on the M3 forums makes "individual" stripes that replace the ones on E46M3's, Im sure if you provide him measurements of ours he could make some.

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by crashgordan View Post
    sold out.

any other sources?

(i know... old thread)
    If you are not in a hurry, it sounds like Never Done is just moving at the moment and should be able to get you some in a few weeks. I think I saw that in the "Get Stupid" button thread.
    John

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    Sweet.
    I'll wait on quality every time.

My Cars
    Several
    I am a little late in giving input, but a double-edge safety razor is the quickest way to remove the old badges. Soak the old badges in some adhesive remover first. This should go without saying, but go slow, razors are sharp.
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    These types of photo instructions really help me. Thanks a bunch for posting them. I need to do my rear trunk badge. I may do the stickers as well. I have not made up my mind yet. I did think it looked kind of cool without a sticker. I kind of wish there was a black option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast