Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Online Navigation Updates

My Cars
    2014 BMW X3 XDrive 28i

Online Navigation Updates

Wondering if anyone has used the website BMNAVIGATIONUPDATES.CO to update their nav. Decent pricing, but I don't think they are located in the US which makes me hesitant. Thought I'd check to see if anyone has had experience with them, good or bad.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

They're counterfeit copies of the software the same as anything out there that hasnt come from BMW, so its up to you if you you want to purchase counterfeit stuff. I'd personally say not to.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Plus, it could have malware.

My Cars
    2014 BMW X3 XDrive 28i
    I had an online chat with the company on their website. They would not tell me what country they were located in, and suggested it was none of my business. I told them I like to know who I'm doing business with. They replied that they don't disclose this information so they aren't harassed by BMW dealers in the US. Pretty much all I needed to hear. My conclusion is that they don't want you to be able to find them because what they are doing is illegal, or near it, in the US. I will nt be considering their product furture. Hope this helps someone else.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

If it's not a navigation disk/update from a BMW dealer, then no matter what ANY seller says, the software they sell isn't legal, it's a counterfeit copy. Doesn't matter which country they are in either. The reason they exist is that they sell the item much cheaper and put up 'claims' of being 100% compatible etc and anyone who buys falls for it. Marco makes the point above too, anything 'non geniune' could contain malware too, you just don't know until after you've purchased it.

Cheers, Dennis!