BAVToys

Thread: e46 OEM HID headache I'm not quite sure what to do

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi

Question e46 OEM HID headache I'm not quite sure what to do

I have factory HID projectors in my car and a minor accident broke my already once repaired headlight the lens is fine and the bulbs. Just the back plastic part is messed up

I was going to order some aftermarket DOT legal headlights (with halos because why not) for about $200. but I started noticing that every aftermarket set has a little thing in the description saying "NOT COMPATIBLE W/ FACTORY HID"
    So I looked and the factory lights cost about $700+ and around $200 on ebay...

This leaves me about 3 questions
    Is there just back housings? or can I buy a halogen one and convert it like ZKW but using the OEM projectors?
    Can I convert my car to work with the cheap headlights?
    Can I buy the cheap headlights and just use the factory HID ballast/control circuitry?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330xi
    I sort of have an answer for the 3rd question the halogen -> projector kits use the factory h7 bulb so I first went and found they do indeed make adapters for h7 to D2S BUT that's only a single mode HID if I do that without a high-beams shudder. so I would probably have to try and swap in the factory projector to the new lights. but I've never done it so I can't say how possible it is, but i'm not in a rush to do it

for question one it looks like the housing between the halogen and the HID are the same just with different parts. has anyone tried this conversion? it even has tabs for the ballast

My Cars
    2014 BMW X6M
    Does your car have adaptive Xenons? Because those are completely different. Can you get cheap headlights and swap the back cover that's broken?