Thread: Rebuilt and Upgraded ALPINA B7 Supercharger

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver

Rebuilt and Upgraded ALPINA B7 Supercharger

Okay folks, as some of you may know, I had the Supercharger on my B7 fail on me because the previous owner used some extremely unorthodox shortcuts when it came time to maintaining this incredible machine. Needless to say, those repairs only lasted long enough for me to buy the car and drive it about 20,000 miles. I researched many options, all of which where either extremely expensive, or shady as all hell. I ran across Thecrazydiyengineer, and sent him an email explaining my dilema. I received an immediate response, and although I will admit, I was just a tad apprhensive sending an ALPINA Supercharger half way around the world to someone I have never met, after a few emails, I was at ease with it all.

We all know that these Superchargers have a limited lifespan, no matter how gentle we drive them (like that really happens!), so sooner or later you will need to have them rebuilt. I just finished installing the rebuilt SC into my car and it is perfect! For anyone that is thinking about what to do about noisy and/or leaky supercharger, give Fülöp László (Thecrazydiyengineer) a shout and get yours done by him. I went with the upgraded larger impeller, so I am sure the grin factor is even larger than it was before. I can highly recommend him for this service.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    91 850i, 01 740i, 06 760
    I have a brand new aftermarket ASA supercharger in my B7 that was replaced at about 70K mi. It is mounted to a custom CNC machined bracket with custom oil lines. ASA is the OEM supplier for the B7 supercharger but will not supply parts. This one has about the same performance.
    I'm curious what you paid for a rebuild?

Last edited by BMSman; 05-12-2020 at 04:28 PM.

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7 / 2008 M6
    Have you tried it with the larger impeller? I was thinking about doing this as preventative maintenance. Curious if there would be a benefit, or if it wouldn't do too much without mapping or a retune to increase the fuel. If you get a dyno done, please post!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2007 Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by BMSman View Post
    I have a brand new aftermarket ASA supercharger in my B7 that was replaced at about 70K mi. It is mounted to a custom CNC machined bracket with custom oil lines. ASA is the OEM supplier for the B7 supercharger but will not supply parts. This one has about the same performance.
    I'm curious what you paid for a rebuild?

How much was the SC from ASA?>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    Okay folks, as some of you may know, I had the Supercharger on my B7 fail on me because the previous owner used some extremely unorthodox shortcuts when it came time to maintaining this incredible machine. Needless to say, those repairs only lasted long enough for me to buy the car and drive it about 20,000 miles. I researched many options, all of which where either extremely expensive, or shady as all hell. I ran across Thecrazydiyengineer, and sent him an email explaining my dilema. I received an immediate response, and although I will admit, I was just a tad apprhensive sending an ALPINA Supercharger half way around the world to someone I have never met, after a few emails, I was at ease with it all.

We all know that these Superchargers have a limited lifespan, no matter how gentle we drive them (like that really happens!), so sooner or later you will need to have them rebuilt. I just finished installing the rebuilt SC into my car and it is perfect! For anyone that is thinking about what to do about noisy and/or leaky supercharger, give Fülöp László (Thecrazydiyengineer) a shout and get yours done by him. I went with the upgraded larger impeller, so I am sure the grin factor is even larger than it was before. I can highly recommend him for this service.
    Hell YA!!
    2000 740i Sport

My Cars
    BMW 740 IL
    How much was the cost and what was the time frame?

My Cars
    Bmw Alpina b7
    Hi
    How long did it take and approx cost?

My Cars
    M3, M5, €850i 6MT, B7

Thumbs up

László is indeed very knowledgeable and reputable and has done remarkable work bringing damaged superchargers back to life.
    As an alternative, if your supercharger doesn't need machining rework, check out these DIY videos.
    ----- Alpina supercharger parts and rebuild kits. www.b7stuff.com -----
    e36 M3
    e39 M5
    e46 330i ZHP
    e90 330i
    e31 €850i
    e65 Alpina B7
    e36 M3 Vert

My Cars
    BMWs
    Another high five to László