I've been trying to diagnose a no-start with my 2006 330i after replacing the DME and CAS modules. I bought the car with the incorrect MSV80 DME installed with matching CAS, and it ran in limp mode but not that great. Once I realized the incorrect DME was installed, I got a DME, CAS, and key fob from a 2006 530i, which according to RealOEM is all 100% compatible with my 2006 330i.
I posted on E90post, but I'm not really getting anywhere. If I put the key in, I get the parking brake light, but if I press the button nothing happens. It just turns it off and back onto that position. The car won't start, of course.
No fault codes stored in the DME, but I occasionally see two in the CAS module (I'll post them in the morning, I have a screenshot on my laptop). Regardless, I don't think they are related.

I also get the steering lock symbol if I open a door, but that doesn't show up once I put the key in. My steering lock is NOT engaged, and has not engaged since I've had the car (only a couple weeks).
I reset the ELV counter, that made absolutely no difference. Tried to sync the CAS and DME in INPA, didn't do anything.

From what I understand, the E60 has a gateway module that the E90 doesn't have, and the DME may be looking for that. I'd like to try to reprogram the DME in WinKFP, but for some reason my version isn't showing MSV70 at all when I select "Choose ZUSB".

Basically, what I have been recommended to do at this point is...
-Flash the DME with the E90 software
-Copy FRM VO and write to the CAS
-Default code CAS and DME with NCS Expert

Will this get my car to respond? I'm really getting fed up with the lack of solid information... it seems there's so much out there, but I just can't find it. People over on E90post have been helpful, but it seems I'm having trouble even getting the software to work properly if I can't find MSV70 in WinKFP.