BMW of Bloomfield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caution: Do not buy this car

My Cars
    E39 540i, E46 M3, E36 M3

Caution: Do not buy this car

After expressing interest in a 1995 Dinan Supercharged M3 Daytona Violet (VIN# WBSBF9325SEH04091) that was posted on eBay and Craigslist, I paid to have a PPI done by Lubo's Bavarian Motors in Sacramento, CA. Lubo's is a great shop I highly recommend, and they were able to find a ton of things wrong with the car, including a potential mileage rollback. Compression test indicated major issues. Fault codes list was extremely long. The car was in a major accident and was partially repaired and partially repainted for resale. Online it looks great, but in reality the car is junk. I can provide documents from the PPI upon request.

FYI for all my BMW enthusiasts, watch out for this guy. He is a Russian scammer looking to take your money.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...117338027.html

Stay safe out there

- - - Updated - - -

The owner's name was Durmik Chkuaseli.

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Thanks for the tip man.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    2003 M5 e39 - Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by jake93854 View Post
    After expressing interest in a 1995 Dinan Supercharged M3 Daytona Violet (VIN# WBSBF9325SEH04091) that was posted on eBay and Craigslist, I paid to have a PPI done by Lubo's Bavarian Motors in Sacramento, CA. Lubo's is a great shop I highly recommend, and they were able to find a ton of things wrong with the car, including a potential mileage rollback. Compression test indicated major issues. Fault codes list was extremely long. The car was in a major accident and was partially repaired and partially repainted for resale. Online it looks great, but in reality the car is junk. I can provide documents from the PPI upon request.

FYI for all my BMW enthusiasts, watch out for this guy. He is a Russian scammer looking to take your money.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...117338027.html

Stay safe out there

- - - Updated - - -

The owner's name was Durmik Chkuaseli.
    No need to include nationality here. His name is not Russian at all. Also, people will think that all Russian are like that.
    Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E89, E39, E38
    To add onto the issues, that Dinan badge is not period-correct and shouldn't have the "3" if placed on the left side.
    10/12 E89 Z4 sDrive35i: Alpine White/Coral Red, 6MT, ZMP
    12/01 E39 M5: TiAg/full black leather, Supersprint mufflers + x-pipe, SSK
    04/95 E38 750iL: Jet Black/black, M Parallels, Shadowline, x-pipe and muffler delete

My Cars
    E39 540i, E46 M3, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdevil View Post
    No need to include nationality here. His name is not Russian at all. Also, people will think that all Russian are like that.
    Thank you for the info.

I only included that because I have very little information on the owner, only his name and that he said he was Russian.

My Cars
    a few M3's
    That car had caught my attention when I saw it a week back or so, crazy to know the PPI showed all of those faults, by eye I would've said it looked like a good/great driver, guess not all that glitters... Thanks for the heads up!

My Cars
    skateboard
    Thank you for the info.

Russian collusion lol

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    E39 540i, E46 M3, E36 M3

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Just popped up on Seattle Craiglist this morning

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    No offense but, No shit.

Anyone can see it is a mess from the ad. The nose panel is 97+ and the radiator support is not original. That was a big enough clue not to waste your time on it. Look at the front bumper FFS, lol.

Just about all cars coming out of Sac are just Recycle Rd trash.
    Last edited by Braymond141; 05-12-2020 at 07:20 PM.

My Cars
    2001 Mazda Miata
    Popped up again today, this time with different wheels and different contact info. Same car (or at least, that's what vincheck told me via license plate)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...132853250.html

My Cars
    a bunch of broken ones
    Post the PPI please. I considered sending an inquiry to the guy.

My Cars
    '19 GTI, '95 911, Volt
    Thank you for the info.

His name on IG is Mr_bimmer or something similar (google his name to find it). He's definitely Russian. All his posts are in Russian (I speak Russian and he posts like a native speaker). There are even pics of the dude on his mom's vKontakte page.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    - 1988 M3 (Gone)
    - 1997 M3 (Gone)
    - '19 GTI, '95 993 911, '13 Volt

My Cars
    E39 540i, E46 M3, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Smee123 View Post
    Post the PPI please. I considered sending an inquiry to the guy.
    PM'ed

My Cars
    1998 E36 M3
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up.

My Cars
    97' M3/4/5

My Cars
    United States
    I think OP is exaggerating. Copart says primary damage is "MINOR DENT/SCRATCHes" so how bad can it be! lol

My Cars
    E39 540i, E46 M3, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkman94 View Post
    I think OP is exaggerating. Copart says primary damage is "MINOR DENT/SCRATCHes" so how bad can it be! lol
    haha buy it!

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330 ZHP
    Hey, I’m looking at bidding on this car currently knowing it has some work that needs to be done can you elaborate on the compression numbers and what else your shop found?

My Cars
    81 C1, 89 ix, 04 M3
    It's now in the lineup on BAT.

My Cars
    1995 M3 & 1998 M3 coupes
    Quote Originally Posted by mossyoaks View Post
    It's now in the lineup on BAT.
    Looks like the comments are active with people pointing out the major issues with the car. Especially this...

"the issue is that the car has a salvage history that is not disclosed and “somehow” does not appear on the carfax. BaT did not google the vin or did not post the results of googling the vin before allowing the listing to go live and as such the car is represented inaccurately. Potential bidders who do not read all the way through the comments may miss this and bid based on the BaT description only."

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5, 89 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by E85STI View Post
    Looks like the comments are active with people pointing out the major issues with the car. Especially this...

"the issue is that the car has a salvage history that is not disclosed and “somehow” does not appear on the carfax. BaT did not google the vin or did not post the results of googling the vin before allowing the listing to go live and as such the car is represented inaccurately. Potential bidders who do not read all the way through the comments may miss this and bid based on the BaT description only."
    BaT usually says "bla bla bla comes with a clean [STATE] title" in the first paragraph. Here they just say "California title." BaT makes sellers submit a copy of the title to them - someone from BaT should really chime in and confirm what's stated on the actual title document.

That said, the PPI compression test on the BaT listing shows good results. @jake93854 does this contradict the findings of your PPI?

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    While this person has been peddling this car unsuccessfully for a year now, if he truly does have a clean title in hand, I would be pretty annoyed if I were him with all the shaming in regards to the title

"I bought a damaged car, but with a clean title, I repaired it and now I am selling it"

But copart says its a salvage title

"that is incorrect, here is a picture of the clean California title"

BuT cOpaRt SaYsSsSsS

My Cars
    1996 M3 Coupe
    Didn't read all the comments, but there was a big 'reveal' at some point. Might read it all later.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m3-179/

Pizzadude had the best comment:
    "I would say that if someone is buying a car sight unseen it is part of their responsible due diligence to read all of the comments. If you are going to bid on a car and can’t take the time to read thru the comments……..well then you get what you get. Like grabbing a can from the pantry with no label. Could be peaches….could be beets."
    Last edited by Kraftwerk; 01-24-2021 at 07:10 PM.

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine 318is View Post
    While this person has been peddling this car unsuccessfully for a year now, if he truly does have a clean title in hand, I would be pretty annoyed if I were him with all the shaming in regards to the title

"I bought a damaged car, but with a clean title, I repaired it and now I am selling it"

But copart says its a salvage title

"that is incorrect, here is a picture of the clean California title"

BuT cOpaRt SaYsSsSsS
    The title is from 2018 and the CoPart auction is from 2020. I'd say someone is going to get a salvage title returned to them after registration.

I'm wondering how this ended up on CoPart now. It has been on Craigslist for a year it seems. Insurance claim on the condition since he couldn't sell it?!
    Last edited by Braymond141; 01-25-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast