Thread: bmw series1 2007 2.0l diesel 5 door

My Cars
    bmw 118d seires1 2.0

bmw series1 2007 2.0l diesel 5 door

bad oil leak----------left in garage (not bmw dealership)--was informed needed oil sump gasket----£120----------day later----exact same problem-left back-he rang to say dif seal was gone and it needed replaced?-i asked why had sump gasket been replaced?-it was leaking as well he said---left car back for full day---collected and £300 bill(checked dif seal £12)------yes----- next day leak as bad as ever---went back---mechanic mistified looked puzzled----u need to bring car in again-i told him no more money------what is fault and where is oil coming from--------he rang 2 hrs later----i think its coming from cyclinder head gasket but it would be £600 to repair------i said u think or u know?-no answer-----why did u replace dif seal?-again it was leaking- i said if it was leaking oil still leaking what is going on here-he walked away---------------i put car up on ramp a friend owns-im no mechanic but there was no way sump gasket was replaced-my friend(not mechanic) who does bits at cars totally agreed-----------i need to speak to solicitor about this----------------any ideas where oil could be coming from guys?-its engine oil and its leaking fairly badly (lets assume he changed dif seal-i know gearbox needs to come off for this) cleaned engine all down difinately no cracks or leaks in sump-it appears to be from somewhere in lower engine-no oil in antifreeze either-car running 100%-no overheat-any idea would be gratfully appreciated thanks

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Cylinder head gaskets rarely leak oil without other very noticeable issues such as decreased performance and lose of coolant. Has the valve cover gasket been changed? And, find another shop as your current shop is clueless. Try www.yelp.com. Here in America we have the bmw car Club of America (BMWCCA) that has about 50 chapters across the country. Each chapter’s website lists recommended shop. I bet there’s a similar organization in the UK.