Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know where to locate a Porsche 803 Maf?

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M coupe

Does anyone know where to locate a Porsche 803 Maf?

Every site I’ve tried is on back order. The 3 places (Anyauto, Amazon, Pelican Parts) that I did purchase from let me purchase it then eventually cancel/refunded order over the last 3 weeks because they did not have it. P/N: 0280217803

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ass2Phat View Post
    Every site I’ve tried is on back order. The 3 places (Anyauto, Amazon, Pelican Parts) that I did purchase from let me purchase it then eventually cancel/refunded order over the last 3 weeks because they did not have it. P/N: 0280217803
    If you google the part number don't a bunch of places pop up? I have been getting parts from FCP during the lock down.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
    If you google the part number don't a bunch of places pop up? I have been getting parts from FCP during the lock down.
    yes it does. I’ve pretty much exhausted then all. FCP is backordered mostly because it is NLA. Was just seeing if anyone knew some places that positively had them.

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ass2Phat View Post
    yes it does. I’ve pretty much exhausted then all. FCP is backordered mostly because it is NLA. Was just seeing if anyone knew some places that positively had them.
    If you are in a hurry I would just contact each place and ask how long their back order is. FCP was back ordered on my bump stops but I got them in around 10 days using their cheapest shipping. Might check out ebay or your local dealer as well.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I've got one with Randy in FL. Not many miles on it if you're ok with USED.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    All gones. No more. All the tuners latched on to a twenty+ year old part from a specialty low volume car capable of flowing 500 WHP for their 300 WHP tunes. why? Because that is what sells. Now they be all sold.

/.randy

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    I've got one with Randy in FL. Not many miles on it if you're ok with USED.
    Pm’d

rf900 - I figured as much. I am so late to the game with trying to upgrade such an old car lol

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    What is your goal with that MAF?

There are no benefits to putting in a MAF, if not calibrated correctly in tune.
    Typically on the S52 it takes some hotter cams or cam timing mods plus intake mods to oversaturate the stock MAF.
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 05-03-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post

Typically on the S52 it takes some hotter cams or cam timing mods plus intake mods to oversaturate the stock MAF.
    I’ve reached out to 22rpd for a tune and they suggested 42 lbs injectors along with 3.5 maf before we start tuning

- - - Updated - - -

Mods please delete thread I’ve found one through a member thank you

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post

He's supercharged. Typically 42lb injectors and the 803 MAF go hand in hand. My setup ran well with my NickG tune.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    The first rule of going forced induction is you run exactly the MAF and injectors your tuner specifies. However, as alluded to above, some go overboard. The limit in our case is the DME, it has a finite range. To use the bigger MAF or injectors, the tuner has to compress the range, hurting resolution. Bigger is not better. An 803 and 42@ injectors will not get more power on a stage 1 setup. It will only drop precision and cause issues with drivability. I know you said RMS, but which stage do you have?

/.randy

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    He's supercharged. Typically 42lb injectors and the 803 MAF go hand in hand. My setup ran well with my NickG tune.

Yes, but you were never stage 1. I have pushed stage 1 about as far as can be done, still on 30# and a smaller MAF.

/.randy

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    Yes, but you were never stage 1. I have pushed stage 1 about as far as can be done, still on 30# and a smaller MAF.
    He's stage 2 and didn't know it. He sent me a picture and had an RMS stage 2 heatexchanger and aftercooler. I made his day lol. I told him he can safely run 11.5psi like I did on my NickG tune

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M coupe
    Mr. RF900 would you be so kind to chime in on my forces induction thread?

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Might maybe. Where did you hide it?

/.randy

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    I see it. Ouch. That hive of flamers is less tolerant of newb and newb asking the same question that been asked 15000 times before than /pol/. Read the FAQ. Pinned post. Top one. Scroll to E36 Centrifugal. At the same time, you need to figure out what you have. Pulleys, injectors, MAF, ***TUNE***. Pop the DME up and see if there is a sticker or name on it. Since your intercooler is dry and you haven't melted pistons, I doubt it's Osh's handywork. I've been away from the active development for a few years. I have no idea \who this 22rfd is. But I read his blurb and frankly I wasn't impressed. Look around. See what's out there. See if there is anything worth dropping nearly $2K for. Look closely at Nick G's stuff. It was the gold standard in tunes, and it would take a lot to beat it.

/.randy

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I see it. Ouch. That hive of flamers is less tolerant of newb and newb asking the same question that been asked 15000 times before than /pol/. Read the FAQ. Pinned post. Top one. Scroll to E36 Centrifugal. At the same time, you need to figure out what you have. Pulleys, injectors, MAF, ***TUNE***. Pop the DME up and see if there is a sticker or name on it. Since your intercooler is dry and you haven't melted pistons, I doubt it's Osh's handywork. I've been away from the active development for a few years. I have no idea \who this 22rfd is. But I read his blurb and frankly I wasn't impressed. Look around. See what's out there. See if there is anything worth dropping nearly $2K for. Look closely at Nick G's stuff. It was the gold standard in tunes, and it would take a lot to beat it.
    Nick's been out of the tuning game since having a kid.

22RPD has been furthering blower tuning while no one else has in years. We have members here who ran their software/hardware. Tommy in his coupe, before he went turbo had great results. He cracked 500whp on e85.

My Cars
    skateboard
    I’d suggest skipping the 22 guy, and contact RK tunes. He’s tuned a ton of Rms stage 2 cars from mild to wild. Some making close to 600whp on e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    I’d suggest skipping the 22 guy, and contact RK tunes. He’s tuned a ton of Rms stage 2 cars from mild to wild. Some making close to 600whp on e85.

Hell no. I've had email exchanges that were a big turn off and trusted sources who looked at his tunes. A lot of tables cranked way up and a lot that should have been touched that weren't.

Nick was my go to for years. When Nick was off the table I did my due diligence. RK was on the list and then crossed off for good reason

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    I knew Nick had quit doing the road show and custom work, didn't know he was out of the canned tunes, also. But if so, why is the site still up? My observations back when I was observing was RK was the one to call if you were dyno sheet racing, but Nick was the one if you wanted to actually daily drive the ride.

Still, OP needs to find out exactly what he has, then decide where he wants to go, if anywhere. Chasing those next few horsepower is a rabbit hole that gets deeper and more expensive by the minute. I'm done with that. The current car has hit a wall where I'd have to throw away everything but the base blower to move forward, and the next one will be a self-tuned mild 6-8psi daily.

/.randy

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I knew Nick had quit doing the road show and custom work, didn't know he was out of the canned tunes, also. But if so, why is the site still up? My observations back when I was observing was RK was the one to call if you were dyno sheet racing, but Nick was the one if you wanted to actually daily drive the ride.

Still, OP needs to find out exactly what he has, then decide where he wants to go, if anywhere. Chasing those next few horsepower is a rabbit hole that gets deeper and more expensive by the minute. I'm done with that. The current car has hit a wall where I'd have to throw away everything but the base blower to move forward, and the next one will be a self-tuned mild 6-8psi daily.
    Agreed 100%.

Nick was the guy who had reliable DD cars for a decade. That is who I went with. RK created nutswinging numbers cars that could have short lives. I have been doing this for a couple decades now and never went with the one tuner shouting the loudest that he'd make more power than ANYONE else.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    I to have run into this 0280217803 Bosch-Black hole...

Anybody know just the Air flow sensor number? That could be an option (if you have another euro3.5 meter). IDK
    Last edited by bubbafett; 05-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    skateboard

Does anyone know where to locate a Porsche 803 Maf?

Agreed 100%.

Nick was the guy who had reliable DD cars for a decade. That is who I went with. RK created nutswinging numbers cars that could have short lives. I have been doing this for a couple decades now and never went with the one tuner shouting the loudest that he'd make more power than ANYONE else.
    None of the 4 cars he’s tuned for me have had issues. All drove amazing, and performed flawlessly on and off the track.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Ah OK, didn't realize it was for FI.

FWIW, the 803 maf isn't the only maf that can work here. There are lots of easily available mafs that can be switched to, as long as the tuner knows the calibration data for it.

I've even used Hitachi slot MAFs in a blow through setup on these ECUs, with a resistor and perfect calibration to be able to read 700hp worth of air.

Of course, coordinate all that with the tuner.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbafett View Post
    I to have run into this 0280217803 Bosch-Black hole...

Anybody know just the Air flow sensor number? That could be an option (if you have another euro3.5 meter). IDK
    I swapped out my 803 for the 22RPD MAF. That's especially useful if you're looking to update your tune.
    Last edited by Jamesons Viggen; 05-04-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast