Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: DSP Replacement Amplifier Coding, NCS Expert, Tools 32 Flash

My Cars
    Z4 - E85 3.0

DSP Replacement Amplifier Coding, NCS Expert, Tools 32 Flash

Dear all,

My first post here, I am thrilled to be part of this community, having fulfilled my dream of an e85 Z4 with the 3.0 l Engine.

I am looking forward to exchanging knowledge with you and grateful for the existence of this forum!

My original setup is the "Top HiFi System Business" with the Navigation System and the DSP Amplifier.

Since my amplifier with the Number 65.1269.63304 HW03 / SW02 had a water damage I bought a new one, with the Number 65.126974231 HW 04 /SW02
    The new one is brand new, off ebay, but originally packaged so not even coded for any type (E83/E85), at least per my understanding.

There's absolutely no sound coming out of any of the boxes..

I have NCS Expert and INPA and connected to my car. While trying to read out the DSP Control Unit there were errors displayed.
    In NCS Expert there was shown "COAPI-2020: SG Antwortet nicht" and "IFH-0009: No Response from control Unit"
    Accordingly no fsw.psw.man File was generated that I could "code" to the new version, for which I would use the extract out of a E86 I have available.

Question:

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Assuming it is already in a "cleaned state" - which might be the reason of the control unit not sending a response, how should I upload the right files to the Amp?

Do I have to use tools32 to "Flash it" due to the newer version (65.126974231 is for the E86), if so, how is that done?

Very much appreciate your help

Aus Freude am Fahren - Best Regards from Switzerland
    Alex
    Last edited by ALEXZ488; 04-27-2020 at 06:43 PM.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Send a PM to DennisCooper. He’s the DSP guru.

My Cars
    Z4 - E85 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    Send a PM to DennisCooper. He’s the DSP guru.
    Thank you so much!

I will summarize everything and include in this post once I find the solution.

Best regards to Arlington

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    You’re welcome. My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Switzerland in March of 2019. Loved it. Nothing beats Swiss chocolate!

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Alex - I've just responded to your PM!

Marco - I think you've got your wires slightly crossed! I know nothing about the OEM DSP setups in using software to re-code them or the right ones for different cars etc etc. My preference is all aftermarket,high quality audio products ! I've asked Alex to have alook around more on the Z4 section for any info and post his question there as there's more guys who are much more knowledgeable than me for the oem audio and what to code and how etc. I don't use any software as my trusted mechanics have all the genuine oem garage diagnostic machines etc. Thanks for the shout out though !

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    Z4 - E85 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    You’re welcome. My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Switzerland in March of 2019. Loved it. Nothing beats Swiss chocolate!
    Swiss roads :-) But unfortunately there are also swiss tickets for speeding, these guys are not kidding :-O

In summer it is lovely here too, virtually every place here is no further than 10 miles away from a Lake!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi,

Alex - I've just responded to your PM!

Marco - I think you've got your wires slightly crossed! I know nothing about the OEM DSP setups in using software to re-code them or the right ones for different cars etc etc. My preference is all aftermarket,high quality audio products ! I've asked Alex to have alook around more on the Z4 section for any info and post his question there as there's more guys who are much more knowledgeable than me for the oem audio and what to code and how etc. I don't use any software as my trusted mechanics have all the genuine oem garage diagnostic machines etc. Thanks for the shout out though !

Cheers, Dennis!
    Still, many thanks Dennis!

I considered the option with an Aftermarket Amp, but to my understanding there are none with a 10 channel input, as would be needed to replace the stock.
    In addition I suppose I would also need to have this one programmed as well, which is why I am pursuing the "stock" replacement option.

I will keep the thread updated in any case ;-)

Best Regards
    Alex

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Alex, yeah I read up about how strict the police are on speeding before we flew to Zürich.

Dennis, many apologies. I’ll keep you words in mind.

My Cars
    Z4 - E85 3.0
    ::SOLVED::!

Here my recommended steps in the case of DSP Amplifier Water damage, as learned by trial and error.

1-Run NCS Expert to read coding data "Codierdaten auszulesen". In case of COAPI-2020 and / or IFH-009 your amp isn't getting any power and cannot be coded

2-Check the fuse Box behind the Glove Box - Nr. 47-50 should be for DSP, however this is the more unlikely one

3-ALSO CHECK the Fuses (MIDI-Screw-in Fuse) in the Batterie compartment, with the Multimeter. Of course take out the Battery first - completely, you will have to take apart the fuse box too!
    Now, there is a 40A Fuse and a 250A Fuse in here. The 40 A Fuse secures the Amp and is likely killed in case of water damage.

4-Rewire the above, install amp."DSP" is shown as an option in the Screen of your CIC.

5-Code the Amp with NCS Expert , use the extracted FSW_PSW.MAN File from another E85 or E86

I initially failed at step 3, as did MY BMW DEALER!

What I learned in addition.

1- The DSP amps seem to be upwards-compatible. See the numbers below:

Before 11/2002
    65 12 6 923 900
    65 12 6 930 046

After 11/2002
    65 12 6 932 417
    65 12 6 936 087
    65 12 6 936 952
    65 12 6 938 189
    65 12 6 946 727
    65 12 6 963 304 (my old one )

After 01/2006
    65 12 6 974 231 (my new one)
    65 12 9 125 751
    65 12 9 138 102

HW / SW Version does not seem to play a role.

2- It is possible NCS Expert tries to communicate with the wring module. There are
    DSP_E85.C01
    DSP_E85.C02
    DSP_GAE.C01

To instruct NCS Expert to read out the other ones
    File -> Edit profile -> password = repxet -> SGET-Data -> tick checkbox Enter SGET data.
    Then read out DSP module->new popup window, "Enter SGET data". Change the "CDB" Field to one of the others to read it out. In my case this worked automatically with NCS reading out .C02 Datei by itself.

Questions:
    Does anyone have an idea on how to insulate the Battery box and the amp so this doesn´t happen again in case of Water Damage?

Many thanks to @revtor @MarcoZandrini and @Dennis Cooper

Best Regards
    Alex
    Capture.PNG

My Cars
    BMW Z4 E85 2.5i 2004
    Hi. I have the same problem. Got a new amp for my 2004 2.5i top hi-fi dsp (10 speakers) no nav.

Question for Step 5.

Where do you find FSW_PSW.MAN from another e85?

I don't have 2😂

Thank you in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I have the same problem. Got a new amp for my 2004 2.5i top hi-fi dsp (10 speakers) no nav.

Question for Step 5.

Where do you find FSW_PSW.MAN from another e85?

I don't have 2😂

Thank you in advance