Thread: 2013 328IC Red Convertible (NO IDRIVE)

My Cars
    2003 530I, 1990 E30, 200

2013 328IC Red Convertible (NO IDRIVE)

HI Folks!
    Bought this car with 35K from Florida! Snowbird car! Had car sent to BMW paid evaluation and it got a glowing review. I do not have an owners manual and the ones online cover every 3 series. So it is hard to find information.

1) When I put on the cruise control there are no dashboard light indicators on saying that it is working. But the system works. (I don't know if I have the distancing option?)
    2) When I put on the headlights on position 3, I thought I had automatic dimming. Again I don't see any indicator lighting up that it is activated.

I don't want to take the car to BMW and have them tell me anything for $80.00.

Is the car broken or because of the lack of IDRIVE I have none of those features?

Also on the back seats, next to the head rests, there are two buttons. I pressed them to see if they release the headrest and they don't appear to. Any ideas what they are for? Car seat?

Another things I should watch for on this car?

BMW always builds maintenance issues into their cars.....

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Try using a VIN decoder like http://bimmer.work/. There are several good decoders out there, just search for "BMW VIN Decoder" if the supplied link doesn't give you enough information. The decoder will tell you what your car had on it when the drove out of the factory.
    Last edited by khammack; 04-26-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    For cruise control, I don't think there's any indication that it's on, if you don't have the active cruise option. And if your car doesn't even have idrive, it doesn't sound like it has many options. Certainly not active cruise. I have seen very few E9x vehicles that have it. That also points to the fact that you don't have automatic high beam control. Come to think of it, I don't even know if it was available on E9x vehicles. The buttons on the seat backs are for moving the seats forward or back to get into the back seat. Pull the lever to lean the seatback forward, then press the buttons. The seat should slide forward or back.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician