Thread: Should I buy this rental?

My Cars
    Mini

Should I buy this rental?

Hello

I’m interested in buying a 2019 Mini Cooper hardtop 4 doors but it’s a rental. I’ve read all the pros and cons and I think I still want to go for it. Could you let me know what you think?

They will be shipping the car over to me as I’m 250 miles away. This is with Sixt car sale. The car has 26k miles on it. I’m planning to keep it for just a couple of years and resale it. They’re asking $15,900 for it. No accidents and it seems to gave a clean record. They’ve agreed to let me “test” the car for 5 days or more since I’m not local. Of course I’d have to purchase the car before they can ship it to me to test, which I don’t mind. Is this a good deal? It still has warranty on it, which the main/only reason I’m buying it.

I read that this car has some reliability issues but I’m hoping the warranty will take care of most of them. I’m wondering though, Given that the car already has 26k miles, should they have changed the brakes and tire? I didn’t see that they did on the report. I’m also going to have it checked out by a mechanic.

Any feedback is welcome! 🙂👍🏾

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Well if it's like other minis it uses a lot of oil and if it has the cvs trans, there not so could, personally I would never own a mini.

My Cars
    2007 BMW X3
    I never had any issues with my 2013 MINI. I would be hard pressed to ever buy a rental. I think these cars are too delicate. You have no idea if the people who rented this car did 5,000 RPM neutral drops in it or not. There's plenty of other MINI's out there to pick from. But, $15,900 for a 2019 is cheap. When my MINI was new, it wasn't priced anywhere remotely close to that price and mine was only the 2 door Cooper S.