Thread: M62 supercharged injector

My Cars
    1998 540i SC

M62 supercharged injector

I think the injector on my SC M62 went out. Cylinder 4 inj. to be exact. Keep getting a blinking SES with codes saying injector 4 malfunction, open cylinder and a misfire code for the same cylinder. Now and then ill get the P0300 multiple misfire and a P1585.

I replaced the fuel filter and the problem persists. I am going to go on the route to replace the injector. I do not know which injector I should get, since i didn't talk to the PO about that. My car has the non vanos m62 with a vortec sc, running on 7psi. Anybody with the same setup, what injectors are you running?

My Cars
    '00 540i M-Tech
    r u sure it's the injector? swap an injector from another cylinder and check if the misfire persists.

My Cars
    03 540i6 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by E39ChrisM View Post
    I think the injector on my SC M62 went out. Cylinder 4 inj. to be exact. Keep getting a blinking SES with codes saying injector 4 malfunction, open cylinder and a misfire code for the same cylinder. Now and then ill get the P0300 multiple misfire and a P1585.

I replaced the fuel filter and the problem persists. I am going to go on the route to replace the injector. I do not know which injector I should get, since i didn't talk to the PO about that. My car has the non vanos m62 with a vortec sc, running on 7psi. Anybody with the same setup, what injectors are you running?
    Do you know what tune you have for the SC? Is it VF engineering, ess , Dinan? I believe the vf kit uses 32# injectors. I have 8 from when I went ttfs stage 2. I will look for them and post part numbers and pics if you can confirm it was a vf kit. Note: my car is an 03 540i6 but the injectors should be the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Same thing that will make you smile will make you cry. Was that a piston?

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Yes, the VF are 32#
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    1998 540i SC
    Thanks guys for your responses. The color of the injectors are red w/ black. I'm going to do the switch first on the injectors like TiestorN said. Then see what outcome i get.

I'm running the VF engineering kit and basemap, w/ the smaller vf supercharger pulley and a bigger crank pulley to go on the 7psi route.

If my injector is bad, I'll message you H3adbussa for that injector.

I honestly don't know what can it be rn, i switched the MAF sensor and took the car for a spin on the freeway last weekend. The misfiring went away and i didn't throw codes. The car was running awesome again. About 30 mins after some spirited driving i started showing the symptoms again. The car started having jolts (hiccups) when accelerating. Then 5 mins later the misfire came back, blinking SES and my car sounded like a Subaru.

My Cars
    03 540i6 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by E39ChrisM View Post
    Thanks guys for your responses. The color of the injectors are red w/ black. I'm going to do the switch first on the injectors like TiestorN said. Then see what outcome i get.

I'm running the VF engineering kit and basemap, w/ the smaller vf supercharger pulley and a bigger crank pulley to go on the 7psi route.

If my injector is bad, I'll message you H3adbussa for that injector.

I honestly don't know what can it be rn, i switched the MAF sensor and took the car for a spin on the freeway last weekend. The misfiring went away and i didn't throw codes. The car was running awesome again. About 30 mins after some spirited driving i started showing the symptoms again. The car started having jolts (hiccups) when accelerating. Then 5 mins later the misfire came back, blinking SES and my car sounded like a Subaru.
    Yes, definitely do more research and testing before thinking the injector is bad.

I went down and pulled my VF injectors out and they aren't the red and black ones that you and others have said they received with the kit. Mine are silver and black and say they're 30# injectors. When you swap the injectors be sure to get the part number off them as you probably won't be able to use any of mine. I've attached pics of one of the 8 injectors I have. You can see the model# and flow rate stamped on them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Same thing that will make you smile will make you cry. Was that a piston?

My Cars
    1998 540i SC
    Alrighty thanks. I will be switching/inspecting them sometime this week. I'll be back for an update. I don't have a lot of time rn since i am still working in this pandemic. Only free time for me is after 7pm on weekdays or on the weekends.