Thread: Need some guidance...

My Cars
    2007 Z4 3.0Si

Need some guidance...

So I pulled the roof, replacing the hydraulic lines and decided to relocate the pump to the boot of the car. My problem now is that I cannot get the tray installed back in!! I’ve had this tray off a couple times in the past and didn’t have this issue. It’s driving me mad. It seems like the whole assembly is out of alignment but I’ve tried so many different ways with the 10mm bolts and torx screws and just can’t it locked back in with all four clips!

Anybody for suggestions?
    I’m almost to the point of just taping the deck switch and putting the tray in the attic.

Thanks in advance.
    Dean

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3
    I would dump the tray.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    I've thought, because I have my tray out, putting a block of some sort where the tray hits the spring mechanism, mainly because the tray was so hard to get out for me. My top is down and the red handle doesn't work. My plan is to eventually get top up and disconnect or cut a hydraulic line.

My Cars
    2003 2.5 BMW Z4
    Ok, you removed the shelf bracket in the trunk (drivers side) when you relocated the motor/pump( I know that has a 10mm at the rear & torx screw at the front). Now since you relocated the pump/lines this bracket & the shelf's holes just won't all aline for the 4 clips??

If so, did you noch the bottom of the shelf bracket with a dremel tool and then feed the lines thru this dremel noch into the trunk where the motor is now? If you didn't, cut this noch into the bottom of the shelf bracket it would cause the bracket to now sit on top of the lines causing the bracket to be to high and everything be totally out of aligment.

If you mised doing the noch. Cut a upside down v noch into the bottom of the shelf bracket near the back. Using tape cover the sides of the cut you made so there isn't any sharp edges which might cut a line. install the shelf and at the same time making sure all of the lines are contained in the nocked pass thru which you just cut. Now, do the shelf and with a little luck everything will alien and you'll get the clips in.
    Last edited by JAS1169; 04-07-2020 at 08:51 PM.