Thread: Help with PDC full retrofit on E39

My Cars
    92 325i, 03 530i

Help with PDC full retrofit on E39

I just ran out of bullets. I started the task of modernize my E39 530i and one of the new feature is the PDC for the front and rear bumpers. New power, front and rear sensor cables have been installed. Also, center console with PDC button was installed. Upon test, noticed that the PDC system beeps oddly from the front and rear gongs. I thought it was that the module needed to be added to the car, so I got a cable with software and started reading about adding the module.

I was able to get the GM, SA added to have the PDC module coded into the VO order. I haven't found the reason why it doesn't want to be programmed yet. The PDC module is unreadable. I tried the IBus, Inpa, NCS Expert, etc and all are pointing an error where module is non responding. I have tried 3 different modules with success. I check the IBus cable and it is ok. I an see transition on the bus upon can bus command (open trunk, hazard lights,etc). The PDC activates on reverse and manually, but it goes crazy.

I'm almost certain that the problem is within programming rather than installation.

I'm not expert in NCS, but very well documented as know that I can brick the car. I have read every module in the car except PDC.

I have seen others have done this retrofit without even going into programming or coding. It hasn't work for me so far.

What am I missing? Need some new fresh ideas.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    I'm in the process of doing the same retrofit to my e53. Electronics are almost identical.

Did you look at this DIY? Interesting that it doesn't say you need to do any coding. It also says if it's not operating correctly that you should listen to each sensor. When the system is activated each sensor should make a clicking sound

E39Source › archives
    Web results
    BMW E39 M5 – Front PDC Retrofit | BMW E39Source

My Cars
    92 325i, 03 530i
    Followed to the dot. Harness was brand new. I even verified harness inside of connectors just I'm case there was a mistake, it happens. The only place I can say that I was confused is the terminal to the kBus. There were 2 sets of cables together. One was white-red-yellow bundle. The other one was dark gray-red bundle. I chose the 1st set. The module turns on and sensors beep in the front and rear upon either center console or reverse activation. I have replaced 3 PDC modules. All 3 are doing the same.

- - - Updated - - -

IBus is the Android base module where you can do your own coding in the radio. I was able to do some stuff with mirrors, code flash lights, etc. Ibus is operational. I can see LCM, but no PDC. I know I'm missing something. Do I need to add a pin to the power cable to trigger module?