Thread: ECS Clutch Kit?

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

ECS Clutch Kit?

Has anyone tried this clutch kit from ECS Tuning?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...000282ecs01kt/

The ECS single mass flywheel is somewhat heavier (16.5 vs. 14.5-15.5 lbs.) than other steel flywheels I've seen, which might help a bit with gear rattle, while still allowing quicker revving than the 25-ish lb. OE dual-mass flywheel.

I considered one of the Gripforce kits that are often recommended here, but while they appear to still be selling on eBay, the Gripforce.com domain is for sale, so I'm wary of purchasing from them.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    I just bought all the parts for a clutch job. I already had a JB flywheel, so didn't pay current price for it. For just the parts in the ECS kit parts list, (except switching to the JB), I would have spent $862 plus shipping. So it's a good deal. I have no knowledge of the diff between a JB (10 lbs) and a 16.5 lb flywheel. I remember someone commenting it might be a good compromise for weight vs noise.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Domain names don't just get a For Sale sign hung on them. Someone has to register it, and then put up a webserver announcing the sale. If a company goes out, the lights get turned off, and you'll get a "server not responding" error. You will not get some domain squatters for sale page. By the registry, the domain name was re-registered a few days ago, and I strongly suspect without Gripforce's permission. IE there be some hackery going on here. Give them a call.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the ECS stuff, it looks amazingly like the Gripforce stuff with a bit of laser etching added and the price doubled.

/.randy

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    Domain names don't just get a For Sale sign hung on them. Someone has to register it, and then put up a webserver announcing the sale. If a company goes out, the lights get turned off, and you'll get a "server not responding" error. You will not get some domain squatters for sale page. By the registry, the domain name was re-registered a few days ago, and I strongly suspect without Gripforce's permission. IE there be some hackery going on here. Give them a call.
    Yeah, I get it. I've been online since ARPANET and text only TCP/IP; this looks more like domain abandonment rather than hackery, or maybe someone just forgot to renew, I dunno.

Upon closer examination, the registrant is using the GoDaddy "Domains by Proxy" privacy service, and since the new 1 OCT 2020 expiration date is the same as the original 1 OCT 2003 creation date, it's looking more like a non-renewal issue that Gripforce might be trying to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    As far as the ECS stuff, it looks amazingly like the Gripforce stuff with a bit of laser etching added and the price doubled.
    But, but, but it says "ECS Tuning" right on the flywheel! (laughing) Thanks for the advice.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    When I wrote that, the page wouldn't load at all. Now it loads to the GoDaddy park. So yeah, forgot to pay the rent moves to the top of my list.

/.randy

My Cars
    02 LSB Z3M Coupe
    I really liked the Bimmerworld kit that I put into my S52.
    https://www.bimmerworld.com/E36-Z3-L...t-Stage-I.html
    Other members here have also recommended it.

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by scenturion View Post
    I really liked the Bimmerworld kit that I put into my S52.
    https://www.bimmerworld.com/E36-Z3-L...t-Stage-I.html
    Other members here have also recommended it.
    Not surprisingly close to my "$862 " number by shopping around. You really liked it. I've read what I could find on it. Any further comments on changes ? I hate to even bring this up: did you install the disc "backwards" ?