Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novel, corvid-19 Corona virus Will and testament

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport

Novel, covid-19 Corona virus Will and testament

If this G-D'd virus kills me, I want it public knowledge, that I wish my car the 4.6 E39 wagon to go to somebody who would appreciate it and not whomever my ex would sell it to off of Craigslist.

This being said if I'm dead within the next year-and-a-half, I would like the following people to have first dibs on my vehicle. By first dibs, the bidding can start at $1(post-mortem) , it would not bother my happy soul one bit, as long as it went to somebody who could do some good things with her, the car.

WagonsHo
    Ghostbutts
    Geargrinder
    Transportador
    Auaq
    Terrafantm
    Blackknight530i
    JimLev
    M5Jed
    Basically anyone who's in tlmy 4.6 e39 wagon thread from this point back with more than 6 posts about this build, can claim right of participation in the sale/purchase of my car if C-19 kills me (and only if C-19)
    In my state, a verbal agreement is binding so if you just reply at all in the positive, you're in (legalities aside)
    If this just so happens to befuddle my ex for years as the "details" are worked out, oops.

Love the forums, Stay safe!! You all are your knowledge and experience. I NEED YOU TO STAY SAFE!!!

Can I have your car if you go?
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 04-02-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Wait why is my name not listed??? Did you catch the virus?

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    Interesting perspective. I've actually had passing thoughts not so much about my cars as my parts stash. Pre E39, but some very desirable ones, several K worth I'd hate to see got for scrap.

I can see myself on my deathbed, going, don't let that sideloader LSD go for less than xxx, as I croak my last breath.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Haha! I'm gonna live forever, send proceeds to......
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    750IL/540iT/R53/E46Vert
    I’m in. I’ll inform my wife about what to do with the 750 and the 540. I guess I should leave the 750 to those on the e38 forum

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by Plattus1000 View Post
    If this G-D'd virus kills me, I want it public knowledge, that I wish my car the 4.6 E39 wagon to go to somebody who would appreciate it and not whomever my ex would sell it to off of Craigslist.

This being said if I'm dead within the next year-and-a-half, I would like the following people to have first dibs on my vehicle. By first dibs, the bidding can start at $1(post-mortem) , it would not bother my happy soul one bit, as long as it went to somebody who could do some good things with her, the car.
    ross1
    WagonsHo
    Ghostbutts
    Geargrinder
    Transportador
    Auaq
    Terrafantm
    Blackknight530i
    JimLev
    M5Jed
    Basically anyone who's in this threat from this point back with more than 6 posts about this build, can claim right of participation in the sale/purchase of my car if C-19 kills me (and only if C-19)
    In my state, a verbal agreement is binding so if you just reply at all in the positive, you're in (legalities aside)
    If this just so happens to befuddle my ex for years as the "details" are worked out, oops.

Love the forums, Stay safe!! You all are your knowledge and experience. I NEED YOU TO STAY SAFE!!!

Can I have your car if you go?
    Fixed.
    Keep doing what you are doing, you'll be fine.
    We are going on three weeks at home here. While an inconvenience its the only way to prevent the spread.
    Some of the youngsters are now afflicted(an infant died here yesterday) hopefully that demonstrates the seriousness to those who've taken it lightly.
    If it gets me I won't burden anyone here with my old heaps.
    Last edited by ross1; 03-29-2020 at 09:50 AM.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    I'm honored to be on the list, however I think we'd all prefer for you to not croak.
    I've been hanging out in the garage most of the time.
    I just started doing the body work on the '33 a few days ago. I hate doing body work, it's not something I'm that good at.

Years ago my wife asked me when I was going to sell my 540. I told her she'd be burying me in it. If that happens I could be driving it on the "Highway to Hell".
    Last edited by JimLev; 03-29-2020 at 11:07 AM.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I'm honored to be on the list, however I think we'd all prefer for you to not croak.
    I've been hanging out in the garage most of the time.
    I just started doing the body work on the '33 a few days ago. I hate doing body work, it's not something I'm that good at.

Years ago my wife asked me when I was going to sell my 540. I told her she'd be burying me in it. If that happens I could be driving it on the "Highway to Hell".
    Body work gives me the shivers. T E D I O U S
    Who makes that one? How much blocking to do on that body?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    F those guys, you car needs to come to my fleet! It will be last man standing. Evil thoughts on everyone on the list before my name if it ever gets on the list.
    Last edited by StephenVA; 03-29-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Current Garage Highlights
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver
    1998 528i KASCHMIRBEIGE METALLIC (301) (Goldie)

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1971 Dodge Dart Swinger "Lite Package"
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack Alpine White
    1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack GoManGo Green
    1969 Road Runner 383
    1968 Barracuda Formula S 340 Sea Foam Green

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenVA View Post
    F those guys, you car needs to come to my fleet! It will be last man standing. Evil thoughts on everyone on the list before my name if it ever gets on the list.
    Ummm, I just might need to edit your name off the list, LOL.
    Just kidding, or am I?

Ross, the body is made by Factory 5. The sides look pretty good, it's just where all the parts are joined are bonded together.
    Last edited by JimLev; 03-29-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Plattus1000, I'm honored to be on the list, but I'm actually trying to cull the heard of e39 wagons in my fleet . I've already sold my 2002 540iT and the 2003 530iT/6 is for sale. I might consider taking your 4.6 and putting it in my Range Rover though . Haven't yet decided what to do with the engine in that.

I'm with Jim though, stay safe and don't die from COVID-19 preferably.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Wait why is my name not listed??? Did you catch the virus?
    There's so many of you. I was starting to go through the thread... You know who you are!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    Haha! I'm gonna live forever, send proceeds to......
    LOL (seriously, out loud)

I hope we'll all be fine but I would, should the situation arise, much rather someone from here took her on (the car not my ex. Nobody deserves that evil hoisted upon them)

I've been in the woods at my cabin for... Well, since October. I'll be good up here, fully stocked for the zombie apocalypse.

Take your Vitamins, stay away from everyone and if you get pulled over doing 140 (wagonsHo) just start coughing like crazy and rub your eyes hard before the cop gets to the window. I promise, no ticket will be issued.

He's right though, Seattle is a ghost town on the streets. It's fun to drive around town now and decide if the red light means you should stop of just slow down a bit.
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 03-31-2020 at 02:20 PM.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Quote Originally Posted by Plattus1000 View Post
    There's so many of you. I was starting to go through the thread... You know who you are!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL (seriously, out loud)

I hope we'll all be fine but I would, should the situation arise, much rather someone from here took her on (the car not my ex. Nobody deserves that evil hoisted upon them)

^^^^ Lol, (seriously out louder)

I've been in the woods at my cabin for... Well, since October. I'll be good up here, fully stocked for the zombie apocalypse.

^^^ Out there being all alone, you know you’re a classy dude when you say excuse me after ripping a fart. Bet you’ve got all the local beaver pegged by now right? Good job!

Take your Vitamins, stay away from everyone and if you get pulled over doing 140 (wagonsHo) just start coughing like crazy and rub your eyes hard before the cop gets to the window. I promise, no ticket will be issued.

I went back to work yesterday after being home for two weeks, traffics been great, I was out doing 130 going to work, was thinking the same exact thing in case I got pulled over. Hardly seeing any cops out here.

He's right though, Seattle is a ghost town on the streets. It's fun to drive around town now and decide if the red light means you should stop of just slow down a bit.
    Stay safe, watch out for those bears out there!

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport

We got bear, sadly, no beaver to speak of. Being 80 or 40 miles from civilization in either direction has its ups and downs.

Stay safe guys!
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 04-01-2020 at 02:59 PM.

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Enjoy the wildlife, but do not become the "Feed"! Issues like you are going through are bumps on the hwy of life. Large, painful but soon become a distant memory. Move on with your life and keep telling yourself it is only $$.

No Kids? This process will be easy. With Kids, long term challenges that can be stressful especially if one is poisoning the "well of feelings" to leverage the kids into hating Dad. This last one is way to often the lever the bitches pull to get what they want from the male in the relationship. Only hurts the kids long term.

Remember you get to get rid of the in-laws too! Sometimes that is harder than the divorce. Other times that is one of the great parts!

Part two: Suggestions on property settlements, you get to determine value of assets, old BMW are worth zip on www.KBB.com no matter how much sweat, parts, and $$ you add to them. Many have just added to the split the funds to keep them. Other sold them to "someone" and the proceeds were $xx. Bill of sale is all that is needed.
    Last edited by StephenVA; 04-01-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Enjoy the wildlife, but do not become the "Feed"! Issues like you are going through are bumps on the hwy of life. Large, painful but soon become a distant memory. Move on with your life and keep telling yourself it is only $$.

No Kids? This process will be easy. With Kids, long term challenges that can be stressful especially if one is poisoning the "well of feelings" to leverage the kids into hating Dad. This last one is way to often the lever the bitches pull to get what they want from the male in the relationship. Only hurts the kids long term.

Remember you get to get rid of the in-laws too! Sometimes that is harder than the divorce. Other times that is one of the great parts!

Part two: Suggestions on property settlements, you get to determine value of assets, old BMW are worth zip on www.KBB.com no matter how much sweat, parts, and $$ you add to them. Many have just added to the split the funds to keep them. Other sold them to "someone" and the proceeds were $xx. Bill of sale is all that is needed.
    All good advice. No kids, no real family-in-law (Switzerland)

I'm mostly joking but seriously, if you hear I didn't make it, someone needs to claim ownership. This is my favorite thread so far!
    Last edited by Plattus1000; 04-02-2020 at 02:39 AM.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Dood, you’re not gonna croak, get it out of her head.

My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Right, your so far away there is no one there to catch it from.
    No beaver, sorry.

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    I'm not worried about catching it. This is just in case. Mostly for fun.

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Hunting from your front porch. Sounds GREAT!
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    Crap, more info from the NW. I thought, based on the TV news, you all were all dead now. Meanwhile we are still here on the East Coast. 3.5-5% will not be here shortly.....

Meanwhile in CO... The Governor...Polis's Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee, has already moved to Gov rationed health care outlines: aka "Death Committees" that we were told did not exist.

The committee emphasizes that "the primary medical team (Translation: Your Doctor) caring for a patient SHOULD NOT be involved in crisis triage decision-making for their own patient. Each institution should create a crisis triage team that is objective and removed from the patient." Moreover, decisions should not be made based on race, ethnicity, ability to pay, disability status, national origin, primary language, immigration status, sexual orientation, HIV status, religion, veteran status, "VIP" status or criminal history. Instead, a so-called scoring system will be developed for the most critical patients "based on a combination of acuity or severity of acute illness (the likelihood of surviving weeks) and morbidity, or measures of chronic illness (the likelihood of surviving months to years)."

Sources:
    Today: https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...re-guidelines/
    Earlier: Denver Post lots of info

Good Bye seniors in the Denver area. You don't matter as you going to die sometime soon anyway.....
    Last edited by StephenVA; 04-06-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    What year is the 'Cuda? Small or big block?
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

My Cars
    2003 546it m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by wagons ho View Post
    I'm a dead man if I get bad.
    Gas is $1.35 a gallon, so I'm putting 3.91's back in the cuda and wasting some gas. And a stack of tires.
    Somebody better get a f-n call to ride shotgun then right??!!

StephanVA, dark, man... Lol

My Cars
    E12, E12, E36, E39
    Crap, more info from the NW. I thought, based on the TV news, you all were all dead now. Meanwhile we are still here on the East Coast. 3.5-5% will not be here shortly.....

Meanwhile in CO... The Governor...Polis's Expert Emergency Epidemic Response Committee, has already moved to Gov rationed health care outlines: aka "Death Committees" that we were told did not exist.

The committee emphasizes that "the primary medical team (Translation: Your Doctor) caring for a patient SHOULD NOT be involved in crisis triage decision-making for their own patient. Each institution should create a crisis triage team that is objective and removed from the patient." Moreover, decisions should not be made based on race, ethnicity, ability to pay, disability status, national origin, primary language, immigration status, sexual orientation, HIV status, religion, veteran status, "VIP" status or criminal history. Instead, a so-called scoring system will be developed for the most critical patients "based on a combination of acuity or severity of acute illness (the likelihood of surviving weeks) and morbidity, or measures of chronic illness (the likelihood of surviving months to years)."

Sources:
    Today: https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...re-guidelines/
    Earlier: Denver Post lots of info

Good Bye seniors in the Denver area. You don't matter as you going to die sometime soon anyway.....
    Harsh, but makes sense. You try to save the people who, statically, have 50 years in front of them, not the ones that have 2. I'm not sayin' I want to be on either side of that conversation, but it makes sense. And I say that as being more likely to be the the latter category than the former.
    98 328is
    02 525ita
    80 528i
    81 528ia
    and decades of owning and driving BMWs

My Cars
    528i, 525iT, M5
    The downside to life is that 80-90% of your medical expenses occur in the last 10-20% of your life. The Death Panel means no matter what healthcare plan you have, no matter how much you saved so you would NOT be a burden on your kids, and you want to pay your way, the Gov is going to decide who gets treatment based on rationing healthcare guidelines. With that incentive, why not plan a YOLO life style?
    2003 525iT TiSilver
    2002 M5 TiSilver

Former Garage Highlights
    2005 X5 4.8is
    2004 325iTs (2x)
    1973 Pantera L
    1969 Road Runner 383

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast