Thread: Autel Maxysis MS906BT. Anyone Have one for their E36 ?

My Cars
    99 E36 M3

Autel Maxysis MS906BT. Anyone Have one for their E36 ?

Hi guys,
    I won't hold my breath on this one, but, has anyone tried to do an oil service indicator reset using the above device on an E36 M3 or E36 in general ?

I have tried a few times and although the device says "Reset Implemented" it still ISN'T reset.
    So damn frustrating, when an expensive device can't even do a simple function.

Another thing. When bleeding the brakes on these cars, are we supposed to activate the ABS module as do the modernn cars ?
    The device has a brake bleed function and i have tried to activate this too, but it doesn't respond either. Arrrgghh Autel !!!!

I have tried to contact Autel directly for assistance over a week ago and have heard zip from them. Nice one Autel.
    You know how to take our money, but when we need help you turn your back on us. Classy stuff !

99 Anniversary Edition - E36 - ///M3 - Cosmos Black - SMG - Extended Nappa Leather -
    S50B32 - 236 KW - 320 HP

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr M3 View Post
    has anyone tried to do an oil service indicator reset using the above device on an E36 M3 or E36 in general
    Why make it more complicated that necessary. just use a wire to short the two pins that reset the oil light. google it to find which ones are the correct ones.

When bleeding the brakes on these cars, are we supposed to activate the ABS module as do the modernn cars ?
    definitely not

I have tried to contact Autel directly for assistance over a week ago and have heard zip from them. Nice one Autel.
    You know how to take our money, but when we need help you turn your back on us. Classy stuff !
    If i was Autel and you'd ask that one about brake bleeding, i wouldn't answer, too.
    Last edited by samy01; 03-26-2020 at 08:58 PM.

My Cars
    99 E36 M3
    I wasn't trying to make it more complicated. If you have a scanner that says it can reset oil service etc wouldn't you use it instead of using a primitive method ?

Regarding the brake bleeding function. How different is the E36 to a modern car where I have heard one needs to activate the ABS block to enable the fluid to flow through it and enable a proper fluid flush.
    Does the E36 not have the same ABS module as a modern day car ? Are modern cars that much different. I wouldn't think so.
    Why is it a question you wouldn't answer either ?
    I don't know which is why I'm asking the question. If I was a know it all, then i wouldn't ask.
    These scanners aren't cheap and Autel have an obligation to answer any question their customers might have, wouldn't this be a fair situation ?
    Can you then explain to me why the E36 ABS module doesn't need "activation" then and others do ? What's the difference ?
    I thought this a forum where we share knowledge not put road blocks up.

99 Anniversary Edition - E36 - ///M3 - Cosmos Black - SMG - Extended Nappa Leather -
    S50B32 - 236 KW - 320 HP

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    ...ugh

Some ABS devices have their own internal reservoirs (Bosch ABS5.3, for example) that are not a part of the primary brake circuit and are only opened to the rest of the circuit when the ABS is active. Now, if you just bled your system the same as on a non-ABS car and never again cycled your ABS, you would be fine. However, as soon as the ABS cycled the "old" fluid (which was never bled because it was hidden) would be dumped into the primary circuit. Not the end of the world, but you want fresh fluid everywhere, right? For that you need some sort of device to open the ABS valves to be able to flush out all the old fluid, including the ABS modules internal reservoir.

But we have old ABS modules in our cars without an internal reservoir so the remaining amount of fluid is so small, it doesn't matter. Even BMW doesn't advise to do the ABS valve procedure. And they can get sued over things like that, especially in the US, so assume they thought about it very well.

Last edited by samy01; 03-29-2020 at 10:42 PM.

My Cars
    99 E36 M3
    ugh ? Not sure what that's for but thanks for the info anyway.

I haven't had the need to do much mechanical work on my car as it's been practically flawless. One does tend to learn a thing or two when they have to wrench on something and this helps you gain more knowledge. So probably not a good idea to assume we're all experts, because we're not. We are here to learn and hopefully teach others and if these kind of questions makes you want to roll your eyes, I really don't know what to say then. It's a forum after all yeah ?
    Cheers

S50B32 - 236 KW - 320 HP

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    i'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to come across like that.

Just don't make things more complicated than they are. I also don't like when i buy something from a company and they treat the customer like crap. If they don't answer, don't recommend them and never buy from them again.