Thread: Factory BMW alarm issues, cannot find any similar cases via internet search

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's

Factory BMW alarm issues, cannot find any similar cases via internet search

I have the factory 3-button alarm system installed in my 1994 750iL, and an issue just started which I’m not sure where to start. Perhaps someone reading this has had a similar issue or has heard of it before.

And that is when I lock the doors with the alarm fob, there’s a one second delay (which didn’t happen before), followed by the normal one beep from the horn. Then the doors lock.
    Immediately after it arms, the door locks unlock along with three beeps, then the doors lock along with one beep from the horn.
    Bizarre.

I also noticed that the soft close trunk stopped working, at the same time as this fob locking issue. I can’t find much information on the factory alarm system + soft close trunk circuitry, but presumably the two
    issues are related. Maybe there is a common fuse, relay, circuit, etc.... which they share that’s causing my issues.

Any thoughts from anyone on where to start?

TIA!!!

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    The 3 beeps indicate something isn’t locking or isn’t closed , If you try to lock with doors open it should beep 3 times
    Me E30 87/ 325i + F25 12/ M-Sport + E32 94/ 740i

G/F’s E34 92/ 525iT + F48 18/ X1

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    Excellent start, much obliged!
    If my soft close isn’t working maybe the car thinks the trunk is still open, when it’s not. The trunk light itself works so I know that the circuit for the courtesy light in the trunk is complete. I’ll start with the trunk pin switch to see if that is working properly.

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    A good plan is to get in the car and wait until the interior lights go out - Open a door at a time the one that does NOT illuminate the interior lights is the source of the problem!
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    A good plan is to get in the car and wait until the interior lights go out - Open a door at a time the one that does NOT illuminate the interior lights is the source of the problem!
    WouldnÂ’t that still be an open circuit - which would be indifferent as far as door pin circuit is concerned?
    If the circuit is open, the GM/RM/LKM (forget which module(s) controls the courtesy lights) would process the arming signal as all doors are closed, and arm the alarm would it not?
    Please explain, thanks for your input!

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    So I had two issues going on simultaneously as I see it:

1. The pin switch on the trunk lid appeared to be sticking, worked it a little bit and sprayed some lube in there and now it’s functioning again.
    2. I had an issue with my remote fob (which was an odd one I’ve never seen) and that is: when I pushed any one of the buttons on the fob, it would send a signal 2x as long as it normally should. By this I mean I was watching the duration of the LED on the remote fob, and instead of lasting 1.5 secs, it would send a signal for 3 secs. I know this because I have a 2nd fob and that unit would send out a 1.5 sec signal. I switched batteries between the fobs and all of a sudden both worked normally afterwards. Weird. But it solved the problem.
    Any theories as to why out there?