This is not a typical issue I am sure. But today I was working on replacing the pressure hose from pump to rack. I started at the pump and was loosening the 22mm banjo bolt. instead of the banjo bolt coming loose, the entire pump fitting came loose. I spent the next 2-3 hours fighting the battle to separate the banjo bolt from the internal pump fitting. That was way more effort that I could have ever imagined (PB blaster, large wrenches and a large hammer and some time and effort and it finally gave in).

Is that a common issue that the banjo becomes one with the pump fitting?
Is the fitting available anywhere? My initial search has led to nothing. I can re-use, but its a bit mangled and id rather replace.
Is there any problem from me removing the fitting? I took out the fitting to look at it. It is spring loaded into the pump. Just want to make sure that nothing inside would come loose from me removing and reinstalling. This is obviously not a serviceable part, so just want to be sure before I fire the engine next.
Is the seal serviceable? Anyone have a part that works?

Hopefully someone has some insight. I can believe it was so hard to deal with this seemingly minor issue, but that's what a 20 year old car can be sometimes.

Thanks!