Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I made a proper RamAir

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Yes, r.88 send me private message.

On another note, I would be able to make these for less now in ABS.
    Printed in ABS I could offer 180€ or 200$ for a pair printed professionally in Switzerland and sent to your country. I would like to get at least few offers so that this would make sense.
    I personally still prefer ASA plastic as superior it is most used in car front grilles etc. Price for ASA is still very high in comparison so I cant lower my 250€/ pair shipped offer at all as prices has over doubled because of Covid-19 and there simply is no over head..

Let me know your thoughts if you want professionally ready made parts? So far I have been very happy to provide the 3d print files cheaply.

Oh, and there is now also part that mounts to engine room and is distribution outletport for efficient ramair. I made 4 stages of prototypes and I have final part now in ABS for my own car.

Also there has been a carbon fiber divider for engine compartment that makes front driverside engine space totally enclosed from engine room heat and will keep pressure. It is coming to me from France as we speak. That unfortunately wont be my own produced item but I can link to maker after I get mine installed. It is made by guru who also makes mostly carbonfiber airboxes for racing S54 engines and such. There are also much cheaper plastic versions on the market. keeping engine heat away was such a basic neccessity for me that I did not even think that it needed to be mentioned. Yes stock airbox was decent job from BMW at the time for basic engine. But E92 M3 LCI has airpath to engine that is clearly relative to product I am doing. Good can be bettered with good engineering.
    Last edited by Remotion; 08-03-2020 at 09:14 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual

RamAir installed to my own car

Okay, I waited 5 months for one part from France and when I finally got it, it was time to install these to my own car.
    Also there is now one more very useful 3d printable part available, the engine room ramair outlet.

Anyway, here are few photos from Install, and I will comment below them how it changed the cars behaviour.

Inner piece that has not been shown before this:

All installed:

So, how this changed the driving experience?
    I was so keen on having the bottleneck out, that I did not even think what other of the upsides would be than just top speed runs and power high up. But what happened also and even more notably were down low in 1000-3500 rpm range.
    So, first of with S52 cams and M50-manifold my car really did not have a grunt down low. This changed that completely. There is ton of torque right from idle.
    And it is accompanied with the most glorious intake growl when I am really pushing the throttle, even from low revs.
    Engine response is much better than before, and I am breaking traction with gas pedal all the time on 1st or 2nd gears.
    On top up I had earlier very happy motor, but how ever powercurve started to flatten really much right at 6000rpm and while my top power comes at 7100rpm, it is very modest curve after 6000. But now it really rips to the limiter (7280 in my car).

Engine room adapter for 3" hose is available from now on. Just pm me or contact me in facebook or instagram. Since paypal seems to rip me off few bucks from every transaction, I will price this at 14€/15$.
    This part is very easy to 3Dprint, it has completely flat wide surface all around from which to begin printing. Also it can be installed without removing any headlight bulb etc. I printed mine in ABS and it came perfect, and can be sanded more if wanted.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Sedan
    Now i want one for my E36 M3. Have been wondering about fabricating some kind of ram intake/naca duct hybrid that would mount to the plastic undertray ("porkchop") on the driver's side under the intake. I have a Dinan CAI already installed, though and it sits below the bumper, so I'm sure the geometry wouldn't line up with your design. Post a video so we can hear that sweet sweet induction!!

Edit: something like this
    https://www.evasivemotorsports.com//...208006_013.jpg
    Last edited by Cos270; 08-18-2020 at 07:44 AM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I should get some action camera, my own camera body does not have mic input... I dont have othervise need for recorder so not able to put money into that.

13 years since I owned my E36 M3, I have no memory how it looks underneath the airbox.
    If there is already product for that maybe use it. I wanted to do product for my own car and other Z3 community because we do not have aeroparts, or they are amateur/diy stuff.

What comes to NACA-ducts generally is that they do not provide positive high pressure at all like ramair should. Nacaduct on surface generates least aero affecting behind the duct, having no turbulent vake, but provides only 55% of the air volume that equivalent size scoop would. This is great in aerospace where NASA used it to get some air in without affecting aero of the body othervise. Also it is enough for many cooling/ventilation applications. For engine air in NA application I would not use naca-duct shape.

Last edited by Remotion; 08-18-2020 at 08:22 AM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    I should get some action camera, my own camera body does not have mic input... I dont have othervise need for recorder so not able to put money into that.

13 years since I owned my E36 M3, I have no memory how it looks underneath the airbox.
    If there is already product for that maybe use it. I wanted to do product for my own car and other Z3 community because we do not have aeroparts, or they are amateur/diy stuff.

What comes to NACA-ducts generally is that they do not provide positive high pressure at all like ramair should. Nacaduct on surface generates least aero affecting behind the duct, having no turbulent vake, but provides only 55% of the air volume that equivalent size scoop would. This is great in aerospace where NASA used it to get some air in without affecting aero of the body othervise. Also it is enough for many cooling/ventilation applications. For engine air in NA application I would not use naca-duct shape.

Great info. Thanks for saving me the hassle!

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Just reporting after 4 days of torrential constant storm / rain. Our roads have 2-5cm (1-2") of standing water. I report Zero problems with using ramair. Engine performance is if anything, even better with cold moist air. Has not missed a beat.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Updating the thread.

First customer who also helped me in prototesting early this year, won Norway's national AutoX championship after great season in beginner class.
    The car used these ducts for brake cooling all season without a problem.

I want to thank you all for interest, and users have been happy with the results they get with these.
    These are available in 3D-printable STL-files for cheap 25€ pair price or 35€ with additional engine-compartment ramair outlet vent.

Buying files is easy, just send me 25€ on paypal at: djremotion@hotmail.com and tell me your email address and what version you want from these four:
    1. Air Funnel
    2. Air Funnel with Mesh
    3. Block Off Plate
    4. Mesh plate
    (5) engine induction ramair outlet, additional part, can be sold with option 1 or 2 for total price of 35€.
    I will send files via email asap after payment.

Here is also picture from the mad 900 horsepower flame spitting APEX turbo M coupe, using non-M bumper for bigger airflow and honeycomb version of the ducts.

There is now also high end product for E36 available, and first customers just received theirs. pm me if interested:
    Last edited by Remotion; 11-10-2020 at 08:18 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Are these paintable?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Are these paintable?
    It depends on what filament you use to print them. ABS is very paintable, but PETG is not as paint friendly. With the right primer I'm sure you could paint PETG too though.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I suggest using ASA or ABS. And both are very easy to paint or sand and paint. But with 0.10 or 0.15mm layer height printed in black parts are super nice, absolutely OEM like without any paint or other surface finishing.
    My production parts I always order in ASA. It is very easy to hand sand, just like wood. Painting also possible and easy starting from spraycan to more professional finishes. Not that they need sanding at all, but in prototype phase I have tried.

That honeycombed part in the apex turbo car, is done with laser sintering and is SLS nylon. That was local to him, and he was well familiar with it and that works great too.

So far I have not heard anyone using PETG with these, and I have no own experience with it.
    Last edited by Remotion; 11-10-2020 at 10:58 AM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    New batch available of Z3 RamAir vents. And ofcourse these are also available as 3D-printable STL-file too.

My Cars
    E90M3
    I'm interested in these. What do you charge to print and ship to the US? thanks

My Cars
    Z3 2.8
    Hey!

do you still offer these files?
    I cannot send you PM

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginna View Post
    Hey!

do you still offer these files?
    I cannot send you PM
    He posted this above:

Buying files is easy, just send me 25€ on paypal at: djremotion@hotmail.com and tell me your email address and what version you want from these four:
    1. Air Funnel
    2. Air Funnel with Mesh
    3. Block Off Plate
    4. Mesh plate
    (5) engine induction ramair outlet, additional part, can be sold with option 1 or 2 for total price of 35€.
    I will send files via email asap after payment.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Hello yes I do.
    I just dont visit so often this forum.
    But if you send me private mail I get notified by email and come read it the same day.
    Or send me straight email or contact me via instagram: @erik_eriksson_design or @djremotion

---

I have a 3 ramair pairs ready to ship if anyone needs. I also just lowered the price to only 139€ / pair for this spring.

One guestion, could some one add these on the FAQ links under Brake Cooling and Ramair / Cold Air Intakes:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ked-Questions)

It would be really useful to those who seek remedy to either.
    Thanks

Erik

ps. These designs have been revised few times after original post... Nothing major but trying to perfect the printfile and rethink some supports etc.
    Last edited by Remotion; 05-07-2021 at 05:22 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    For those asking if there are any benefits. Here is a video where he tested stock, and a ducted version running a K&N CAI. TL;DW = yes, marginally colder air and increased airflow with the ducts over stock set up.

https://youtu.be/B8hJkc_nQKc

My Cars
    Coupes...
    There were replicas of those made a few years ago and demand was surprisingly low... I snagged a set for myself though
    I'd buy the design so I could 3D print a set, but I think they wanted $700 for the knockoff set and it was too costly for me.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    I'd buy the design so I could 3D print a set, but I think they wanted $700 for the knockoff set and it was too costly for me.
    Do you have a 3D printer and want to print me some of these intake ducts?

I could send my little ACS foglights for you to get a 3D scan of...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    New stock just arrived.

Also offer for december:

Pair of ramair & brake cooling ducts: 150€ + shipping
    Pair + engine room ramair-outlet part: 190€ + shipping

Send me private mail if you want them. Shipping costs from Finland have gone up throught the roof but there are few options.

br Erik / Remotion

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Do you have a design that attaches to the rear of the M vent duct ?

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by r.88 View Post
    Is the STL file for the Fog Ducts still available for purchase? I really need those to help with my hot engine bay and intake setup.
    Yes they are. 25€ for the inlet pair, 35€ with all three files.

my paypal is: djremotion@hotmail.com

attach your email on the payment so that I can send the files.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not designed one for Z3M yet. Sorry.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by pine1000 View Post
    The M bumper already has brake cooling ducts, but some knockoff [COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]Schnitzer fog light surrounds would probably garner a lot of interest.
    Some seriously brilliant people in this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a 3D printer and want to print me some of these intake ducts?

I could send my little ACS foglights for you to get a 3D scan of...
    Honestly I haven't figured out how to scan them. You can send them over and I will make a silicone mold and then figure out how to scan them later. I have a 3D printer, so I could just create something all new... if I had time.

You should see my new armest, you would be jelly.
    Last edited by mpire; 12-15-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post

You should see my new armest, you would be jelly.
    If only there was a way to put pictures on the forum!

But seriously, Remotion has done such a great job. I wonder if he's thought of making a centre dash pod?

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner919 View Post

But seriously, Remotion has done such a great job. I wonder if he's thought of making a centre dash pod?
    HOW daare you!
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Well, first I would have to install it and take a picture. I've been busy globe trotting. Vacation is use it or lose it.

But seriously, Remotion has done such a great job.
    Agreed, these things look slick. If they fit my coupes I would buy the file.

I like Coupes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast