Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I made a proper RamAir

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I could do the M version but I am not sure how should I improve the stock item? Maybe bigger opening to airfilter direction?

What is centre dash pod? Do you mean like additional gaugepod? I am not sure if that wouldn't clash with the design lanquage of the interior.

You can also say directly if you think price is wrong. I would like to move these units so that they benefit the users. If there would be multiple buyers at same shipping I would happily give some discount as it saves my time doing and shipping packages.
    Last edited by Remotion; 12-15-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    I could do the M version but I am not sure how should I improve the stock item? Maybe bigger opening to airfilter direction?
    The M Cars already have a snorkel that sucks air out of the duct that kinda runs to the brakes, but it isn't stout enough to give a ram air effect. The airbox has a tube that goes down to the area already. The change would be to make a scoop like you have already done, but to fit the M bumper, then connect it to the stock airbox with a better tube, or DUAL tubs for MOAR POWER.

Honestly, this isn't going to do all that much for performance, but its cool so we will still buy them because we are clinically insane.

The ACS fog light kit mounts small hella DE fog lights into the duct towards the outside of the car, but its pretty involved to install.

Same for the hamann foglight kit I have, but it mounts them towards the inside, you have to cut a lot of the bumper away and blend in the fiberglass components for either kit.

If you could make a duct that attaches to the stock M bumper that also has small led fogs. The DEs were super small for 20 years ago, maybe something smaller now? I just want to use my stock dash switches, even if fogs aren't necessary.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    '00 Z3, ‘01 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    Okay, I waited 5 months for one part from France and when I finally got it, it was time to install these to my own car.
    Also there is now one more very useful 3d printable part available, the engine room ramair outlet.

Anyway, here are few photos from Install, and I will comment below them how it changed the cars behaviour.

Inner piece that has not been shown before this:

All installed:

So, how this changed the driving experience?
    I was so keen on having the bottleneck out, that I did not even think what other of the upsides would be than just top speed runs and power high up. But what happened also and even more notably were down low in 1000-3500 rpm range.
    So, first of with S52 cams and M50-manifold my car really did not have a grunt down low. This changed that completely. There is ton of torque right from idle.
    And it is accompanied with the most glorious intake growl when I am really pushing the throttle, even from low revs.
    Engine response is much better than before, and I am breaking traction with gas pedal all the time on 1st or 2nd gears.
    On top up I had earlier very happy motor, but how ever powercurve started to flatten really much right at 6000rpm and while my top power comes at 7100rpm, it is very modest curve after 6000. But now it really rips to the limiter (7280 in my car).

Engine room adapter for 3" hose is available from now on. Just pm me or contact me in facebook or instagram. Since paypal seems to rip me off few bucks from every transaction, I will price this at 14€/15$.
    This part is very easy to 3Dprint, it has completely flat wide surface all around from which to begin printing. Also it can be installed without removing any headlight bulb etc. I printed mine in ABS and it came perfect, and can be sanded more if wanted.
    What brand is that airbox and filter? it looks great!

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman7913 View Post
    What brand is that airbox and filter? it looks great!
    Filter is from Green (albeit being grey ). Enclosure was made by Carbone-M in France.

By the way I have new stock of ramair vents readily available. Would love to get them to end users.

My Cars
    Bmw Z3
    I’m interested please

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Do you have a 3D printer and want to print me some of these intake ducts?

I could send my little ACS foglights for you to get a 3D scan of...
    Yes, I have been printing all kinds of stuff. Its rather addictive.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    Z3
    Hi, are you selling the STL?

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by Palwater View Post
    Hi, are you selling the STL?
    Yes selling STL. 25$ for pair of ramair vents. 35$ with the engineroom outlet horn included.

Here is something I just shipped today to owner in Texas.
    Special new meshed version, with carbon inlays.

My Cars
    '00 Z3, ‘01 540iT
    Just wanted to say thanks, I used the ram air intake along with some 3in ducting routed to the factory airbox and it worked fantastically. I had to drive about an hour and a half to an autocross event so the heat soak would've been terrible, but with your intake my engine had a steady flow of cold air all day long

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman7913 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks, I used the ram air intake along with some 3in ducting routed to the factory airbox and it worked fantastically. I had to drive about an hour and a half to an autocross event so the heat soak would've been terrible, but with your intake my engine had a steady flow of cold air all day long
    Great to hear!

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    Are you still selling these?

I'm interested in the files for the air funnel w/ mesh along with the piece that attaches underneath the airbox (what do we do about the hose, is that included or do we need to pick up the hose separately?
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

My Cars
    '00 Z3, ‘01 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post

I'm interested in the files for the air funnel w/ mesh along with the piece that attaches underneath the airbox (what do we do about the hose, is that included or do we need to pick up the hose separately?
    You have to get the hose yourself, I got mine from advance auto in their performance section. It's just some basic 3inch ducting and silicone connectors, however you'll want to get two 3 inch clamps to secure the hose to the funnel. If you're planning on hooking up the ducting to the stock air box, just remove the plastic ducting under the driver side headlight (just a few 8mm nuts and plastic push clips) and run the ducting straight into the air box. The inlet on the airbox is slightly larger than 3 inches, so I just wrapped some duct tape around the duct and inlet and it worked fine. Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

I made this tiktok about the process too https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRuY2p3M/

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post

Yes of course. Send me private message or contact me in social media, IG, FB jne... What do you need?

BTW... The meshed part is finally now done for very easy 3D printing at home.

You will print the big parts face down with supports, and 2 of each of the green parts that are very small and easy to attach and locate now with simple snap fit. If you print in ABS or ASA you can simply slightly wipe contact surfaces with acetone and the parts will melt together as one. Or you can ofcouse use almost anykind of glue with good results. Super Glue, Gorilla Glue, 2 part epoxy etc. We do this meshed model like that, so that we can save 10 hours of very hard to remove supports printing per part, and instead just print very clean parts with minimal supports. Always want to use 100% infill in these parts.

Printed and attached pair of new meshed variant will look like this:

So far of about 100 pairs sold, which of about half in USA, only one has broken when my friend crashed his Z3 on the track on the wall. I will support him with replacement unit for only price of cheapest shipping.
    Last edited by Remotion; 10-09-2022 at 06:12 PM.

My Cars
    i3, Z3 and an Alfa Romeo
    PM sent

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by 2mAn View Post
    PM sent
    Thank you, files sent.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Hi, are these still up for grabs (the file to get it 3D printed?) thanks so much

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by Crypt0Khan View Post
    Hi, are these still up for grabs (the file to get it 3D printed?) thanks so much
    I just realized I don’t have any permissions to send a PM. Made an acc right now just to message you lol, hopefully it gets resolved soon.

“I wanna go fast”

-Ricky Bobby, America’s sweetheart

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    You might need to have 10 posts or so to be able to send PM, my email is posted here earlier too. I wont post it now again, because I get _a metric shit-ton_ of more spam mail after posting it onto any forum.

Since last posts are from 6 months ago, letting you know that products are available and they have been even more further redesigned for better print quality etc.
    Shipping prices have once again been doubled since I last time wrote, so I will price case by case and by shipping type.
    Last edited by Remotion; 09-19-2023 at 06:20 AM.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3
    Hi !!

First off, thanks a lot for getting the 3D print design done for our Z3s!!

My Z3 didnt have a fog light; it has a plastic cover where the fog light assembly would be.
    which means I dont have the circled part shown below

So from the options you have listed, is this the block off plate? if not do you have a STL file that will have this plate as well?

I am interested in the above setup (is the cost $35 ???)
    -- Air Funnel with Mesh +
    -- the plate +
    -- the engine induction ramair outlet

Please do let me know and I can transfer the money through Paypal immediately!

Thanks and have a great day!

My Cars
    Coupes...
    There were replicas of those made a few years ago and demand was surprisingly low... I snagged a set for myself though
    He was charging like $700 for them, that's why. I'm sure you could sell a well made 3D print file for $25 though.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    z3
    I don't remember paying that much for them, but it's possible I did. I still have them unmounted, keep waiting for the right car to install them on...

My Cars
    Coupes...
    I don't remember paying that much for them, but it's possible I did. I still have them unmounted, keep waiting for the right car to install them on...
    3D scan them and lets start customizing those things, I have been looking for an excuse to get a 3D printer.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    Quote Originally Posted by sajivnair78 View Post
    Hi !!

First off, thanks a lot for getting the 3D print design done for our Z3s!!

My Z3 didnt have a fog light; it has a plastic cover where the fog light assembly would be.
    which means I dont have the circled part shown below

So from the options you have listed, is this the block off plate? if not do you have a STL file that will have this plate as well?

I am interested in the above setup (is the cost $35 ???)
    -- Air Funnel with Mesh +
    -- the plate +
    -- the engine induction ramair outlet

Please do let me know and I can transfer the money through Paypal immediately!

Thanks and have a great day!
    Hello, sorry for extremely long delay, I dont want to force my product too often on the forums but occasionally come to see if someone needs them.
    I cant see the image where circled part would be? But I am quessing that you are meaning the stick end? Unfortunately and very rare case that bmwfans.info does not show the part numbers for those. I tried to investigate this, yours is first one ever I come across with no foglights, can you post the picture again so that I could see it?

My Cars
    97 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.8L
    PM sent. Excellent work designing and refining these!

Question: Where did you get the flexible ducting used to connect the 2 parts from intake to engine bay?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123