So my wife and I picked up a 2017 X1 28SDrive. This is the 7th BMW we have or have owned. Took it on a 600 mile trip this past weekend. Many things I do like about the car... my wife loves it... Big Bonus! iDrive controller is very easy to use. I remember when they first came out, pundits canned it but, shows what they know... it's an easy system to use. Comfortable.. very. Very roomy, plenty of space for our road trips. Keyless entry is fine but rear hatch only opens with the foot wave when it feels like it. Dashboard gauges are where I expect them to be but... no matter where I move the steering wheel, either the top or bottom of the display is blocked. Eco mode is useless, especially here in Texas where you need to go 75 mph or get run off the road... kept it in Comfort mode. Steering feel is slightly numb but this isn't a track/autoX car so no issue there. Just a slight hesitation when starting from a complete stop and slight bump when it shifts to 2nd gear. Stop/Stall feature off... stupid way to save fuel. Brakes are very touchy! Anything but the softest touch snaps my neck... She's a keeper since my wife is happy... she coming from a 2005 E46 330i... great car but lacking in modern amenities. I like backup cameras!

So... only thing I would like to change are the brake pads... any suggestions? Something with less initial bite... softer feel?