Thread: Parting Out: 79 733i/A - Columbus, OH

My Cars
    18 GTI, 84 745i, 79 733i

Parting Out: 79 733i/A - Columbus, OH

Starting to part out my early E23 parts car. I essentially bought it for the dash and some various trim pieces. Car has just over 90k miles on it and has a mostly rust free shell.

733i 3.2L M30B32 L-Jet
    3HP22 3-Speed Automatic

Keeping for myself:
    -Wheels/Tires
    -Chrome trim pieces around the doors
    -Dashboard
    -Some interior trim bits
    -HVAC pods

Up for grabs: Nearly Everything Else

Good:

-Outside of what I took, this is a complete car
    -Very nice early shark nose front clip. No dents, paint is good. Looking to sell the entire thing complete.
    -Windows are good. I'm pretty sure all the window motors work. I can test if there is interest.
    -Manual seat frames adjust in all directions. Seats would need to be stripped and reupholstered. Good foam.
    -Working Sunroof
    -Original Blaupunkt Stereo/Radio with original documentation from 1979
    -Original 733i Owner's Manual
    -For the most part, body panels are straight with little to no rust
    -Car fires on starting fluid, which means that the DME and coil are still good.
    -Spark plug wire set appears to be in good shape
    -Plenty of good interior bits still left
    -Near perfect 78-early 82 automatic gauge cluster
    -Near perfect 78-79 HVAC panel (round dial manual adjust)
    -Suspension seems fine
    -Plenty of stuff that can be used from the engine bay.
    -This car does have a clean title and is in my name, so if someone wants a shell with very little rust, I wouldn't be opposed to selling it.
    -Hood is pretty nice. Some scuffing on the front edge from being moved around.

Bad:

-Low compression in cylinder #3 (around 85 psi). All other cylinders come back at around 125 psi. Had to do the compression test cold because of the car sitting.
    -Previous owner lost the keys. I had to crack open the column and hot wire the ignition to do the compression test.
    -Car has been sitting for who knows how long, so I can guarantee that the entire fuel system is most likely junk. It was obviously loved for most of its life up until the previous owner got a hold of it. It was stored in a warehouse prior to his ownership, most likely due to the low compression in #3. He pulled it out of storage with a forklift and destroyed the rocker panel on the passenger side. The keys got lost at this time. He dumped it in the car graveyard he has on his farm with the window down since he couldn't switch the key on to put the window up. This wrecked the seats and the carpet on the driver side.
    -Each front fender has a rusted out spot. Body is fairly nice but by no means perfect. There are gashes and scratches as seen in the pictures.

Unknown:

-The trunk is locked and I can't get into it, so it's basically a mystery box. The trunk lid is straight so I didn't want to cut the lock off unless I really had to. If there is enough interest on what is inside, I can figure out a way to open it up.
    -Transmission is in unknown condition, but I wasn't told that it was bad. It's a 90k mile 3-speed. I'm guessing that it's fine.

-----------

Here's a few pictures to get started:

Willing to let the drive train go for really cheap due to its condition. Make an offer on stuff. Motivated to get rid of stuff as I would love my garage back. Will send or post pictures of anything requested.

Located in Columbus, OH. Will ship small stuff only. I would prefer to ship only to North America if at all possible. Local pickup on big items only. PM or email cooperrhall@gmail.com. I also have a eBay where I have started listing some of the parts, but the more the sell on here, the less time I have to spend putting stuff up over there. My eBay is https://www.ebay.com/usr/cooperrhall93. I have PayPal and Venmo.

Thanks,

Cooper

My Cars
    98 318ti, 80 733, 76 '02
    Pm’d for bits

My Cars
    1979 E21 320i
    Shooting you an email for some small bits
    -John

My Cars
    80 E21 Euro, 85 E30 Euro
    PM'd!

My Cars
    98 318ti, 80 733, 76 '02
    Bits arrived. Cooper is very careful in the disassembly and packing.
    Thanks!