My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.8 R, 2000 X5S

control arm replacement; trying to not lose my shirt

just ordered

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/20...ntrol_arm.html
    second seletion, the kit for $306(can't link individual selection for some reason.
    'DIY Solutions Control Arm Ball Joint Tie Rod End Kit'

I dont' need all those parts(tie rods) but ordering the ones I need individually would be pricier.

My local wheel and suspension mechanic said he could do control arms, ball joints, and axles for $400. Though he said axles werent necessary right now.

I can't remember if he included the rear control arms in that price but I think they are what is needed more right now.

So I am hoping I can get front/rear control arms/ball joints replaced for under $400;

Does this seem reasonable? Should I go ahead and order the axles too?

Trying to keep costs down for the moment so I would rather wait a couple years unless the labor is such that it makes more sense to do it now.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to add...

I realize I could do most of this myself but the lower rear ball joints are pretty tough for a home DIY without any special tools and just a regular jack. I would guess this is where most of the labor cost is anyways. Granted I could do the control arms but it would take most of my Saturday and I would still have to pay them 70- 80% of the labor for the ball joints?

Does this seem correct?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Labor is labor if you need somebody to install your parts they are going to charge you more because you brought your own parts, shops make money off parts and labor. If you can't do it then it's off to the shop. But if they give you a install price you don't like don't dick around and ask for a lower price, just say thank you. I hate in when people come in and then whine about the price we're going to charge them.