Hello,
This is my first post as I am new to this. Here's my story:
I own a 2012 BMW 528xi. I love my car, like I really love it. In January, my engine seized. A couple of weeks ago, my mechanic told me that he found an engine that has 39K. I was excited since I have been renting a car for the past 3 weeks. I asked him to send me the VIN number of the car the engine was taken out of. He said he needed to buy asap because there is a high demand for it and since I need a car because I have a family and I can't keep paying for a rental, I had to trust him, he's a mechanic after all. Anyways, I kept asking him to send me the VIN number. Once he sent me the VIN, I bought the carproof and I realized that the engine had 55K before it was salvage and it came out of a 2016 428xi. I paid $8,669 to replace the engine. Today, I was told by the dealership that the new engine is a N26 not N20 like I had before. The Powertrain malfunction and the check engine are both on and I have absolutely no power. The OBD reader says that I have Fuel High Pressure, Plausibility, Cold Start Pressure Too Low.
Could someone help me figuring out if I should sue my mechanic and the junk yard or do you guys believe that my car could potentially by fixed. Thank you. Mo