Thread: INPA and NCS help

My Cars
    11 335D

INPA and NCS help

Been trying to do this w/o having to make a post but just not getting anywhere.

Been following a few youtube videos like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RdQaNOmH3I

I've got everything downloaded and finally in English after much forum searching but for whatever reason i cant get anything to connect when i open INPA. I have this cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ive tried every setting on the switch left to right, have com set to 1 and latency to 1. However when i go into device manager it does have a yellow triangle next to it, i update driver but it will always say the correct driver is installed . This is the same cable i use on Xhp to flash my TCM tuning so i know the cable works fine

windows 10 64 bit
    2011 335D is my vehicle

not exactly sure what im missing, maybe i did a step wrong or missed a step somewhere. any help or advice would be great

My Cars
    2011 BMW Z4
    I had the same problem. It was one of the settings files. If you open it with a text editor, you may find it's set to the wrong port. I can't remember which file. I try to have a look later.

My Cars
    11 335D
    Quote Originally Posted by javis20 View Post
    I had the same problem. It was one of the settings files. If you open it with a text editor, you may find it's set to the wrong port. I can't remember which file. I try to have a look later.
    Thanks id appreciate that

My Cars
    2011 BMW Z4
    Have a look in the following file folder. EDIABAS/Hardware/CAN/Win32. Open file "UpdateLoader" with notepad. See what com port it's referencing. Mine sez ComPort=1. If it's wrong edit and save.

My Cars
    11 335D
    Mine does say comport 1 baudrate 7

My Cars
    11 335D
    Finally got connected! So trying to do seat belts off the list i found is in the ABG computer, however in ncs dummy that module doesn’t show up. Found mrs5cd but it says none of those match. The e90 list doesn’t seem to fit along with my car. I have e89 selection which shows e90

My Cars
    2011 BMW Z4
    What ended up being your problem?

BTW, My INPA software has the E89 but definitions are in german. However, NSC Dummy translates pretty well.

My Cars
    11 335D
    No clue, just re opened everything tonight and it started working. However i cant for life of me change one click turn signal or dvd in motion. Seems the e90 list i found is very out of date. BimmerCode app shows me some options that the list i found doesn’t show