Thread: Night vsion wiring help on b7 alpina

My Cars
    Pinto

Night vsion wiring help on b7 alpina

Im assembling this b7 alpina that had a fairly minor front end hit, but unfortunatley the body shop that dismantled it kept a lot of the important parts so it has been a nitemare figuring all the stuff out with a relative budget in mind. I have the nightvision camera installed which plugs into a bumper harness which has a connection right near the headlight. The harness from that point back was missing which I ordered and is like 6+ feet long. It has a weathertight connector at the bumper side but not at the other end which means it must plug into a control unit inside the car somewhere? but since this harness that was missing is so long and completely missing along with the camera it seems somebody has pilfered the might vision system so im not even sure where the control module would be or if its even there. Can anybody help? The dealer is completely useless and everything is 2-3 weeks away and non returnable and they dont seem to know anything about anything. Can ANYONE help or have any insight.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Are you familiar with: www.newtis.info
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    Pinto
    not yet, but thats very helpful, thanks!!

My Cars
    Pinto
    that was super helpful, now i just need to know where the NVE, night vision electronics module is located!

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosonoma View Post
    that was super helpful, now i just need to know where the NVE, night vision electronics module is located!
    Not having any model year info...I just typed "night vision" into the search box on the TIS website. That gave a list of links which one was for the wiring diagram. The wiring diagram lists the NVE (night vision electronics) and A80...when you type A80 into the search box...it gives a list of locations. You will see two links for location based on build date...click the one that applies to your application: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...mote-key/q-A80

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    Pinto
    I found the NVE module and its up behind the glovebox and I plugged the harness in so now its off to the dealer for programming!