Thread: Carfax/prior history concern

My Cars
    2015 BMW 328i

Thumbs down Carfax/prior history concern

So I bought my 3 series in early 2019 used with 34K miles. Love the car, clean carfax.

However, I noticed the top paneling on the passenger side door is uneven and not aligned properly like the other doors.

In other words, it almost looks like it was previously wrecked, but its such a small issue I only recently noticed it. It's the top paneling right underneath the window at the the very top of the door. The dark almost mushy material. I would post a pic if I knew how.

On the drivers side, the paneling goes all the way back to the rear door panel and its smooth and aligned. The passenger side? The passenger back door lining is about a half inch higher than the passenger front door lining.

Very strange it isn't aligned. Should I be major worried this car was wrecked and carfax wasn't reported? And if so, Is there anything I can even do about it?
    Last edited by Nothingfaced; 02-13-2020 at 01:34 PM.

My Cars
    2003 M5, 2002 540iT
    That's the belt moulding. How does the paint surface look compared to the rest of the car? Smooth like glass or rough like an orange peel. Is the paint texture consistent? Any dirt/debris can be found? Those are signs of a panel being repainted.

My Cars
    2015 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvibe View Post
    That's the belt moulding. How does the paint surface look compared to the rest of the car? Smooth like glass or rough like an orange peel. Is the paint texture consistent? Any dirt/debris can be found? Those are signs of a panel being repainted.
    The paint is perfect and seems 100% on point, as does the rest of the car. It's simply the uneven belt molding... very unsettling. Should I just chalk it up to manufacture variance?

My Cars
    2003 M5, 2002 540iT
    Paid out of pocket repairs will not make it on the carfax. It could've been just a minor scratch/ding repair. A reputable shop can replace that with a new one. Sometimes belt mouldings aren't meant to be reused after removal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingfaced View Post
    The paint is perfect and seems 100% on point, as does the rest of the car. It's simply the uneven belt molding... very unsettling. Should I just chalk it up to manufacture variance?
    Another thing could've happened was the window glass was replaced.