Thread: Need M62 Valve / Head Spec's

My Cars
    2000 S/C 740i sport (03/99) Orient Blue

Need M62 Valve / Head Spec's

I've searhed everywhere for the Installed valve height or spring pressure for M62 engine, cant find one. Finishing up the heads to 1mm OS valve and looking to choose an appropriate spring (s) and retainers for the new Titanium valves that i spec'd. Anyone know the info or can point me in the right direction? This is all that is holding me up from getting the heads done. Searched BMWNA no luck.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Take your old springs and get them measured - most motorshops and all head shops should be able to do this. Are you trying to match spring pressure or upgrade?

My Cars
    2000 S/C 740i sport (03/99) Orient Blue
    upgrading valves and springs - the head shop has done this, but the valve company making the valves want him to supply the info, the head shop is looking to verify their calculations against known BMW spec's to ensure their accuracy. The valve company has a stock valve and spring with retainers that we shipped them. i am not changing cams. Current valve spring is 1.71", i calculated the valve spring installed height as follows: valve in seat (spring not installed) total lenght of valve from valve tip to cyl. head boss minus thickness of retainer minus height from top of retainer (retainter and keepers installed on valve) to tip of valve stem minus shims. My calculation netted 1.47".
    Last edited by BMW5868; 06-08-2008 at 04:56 PM.

My Cars
    2005 range rover
    i am looking for the valve height too