Thread: Help - Can't Find Alarm Motion Sensor Connector (under oddments compartment) 2003 Z4

My Cars
    Z4

Help - Can't Find Alarm Motion Sensor Connector (under oddments compartment) 2003 Z4

Hello - installing the OEM alarm and got everything done BUT hooking up the motion sensor (MDD) - I CAN'T FIND THE BLACK 4 PIN CONNECTOR OR WIRE. Grrrr. I can see/feel the two wire bundles that go down each side with the passenger side one hooking into the air bag controller. But there doesn't appear to be second set of wires or plug wrapped in that line (although i have not unwrapped it). Where in the world did BMW tape/wrap the wire and connector for the motion sensor?? I've looked several times but just can't find it. Looking for someone who has installed this sensor and where they found their wire. MFG date is 7/2003. Siren installed was the 6 pin with tilt. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    That's an early z4 you could go to new ''tis and check wiring diagrams

My Cars
    Z4
    Quote Originally Posted by jclausen View Post
    That's an early z4 you could go to new ''tis and check wiring diagrams
    Yes it is an early one for sure. Oddly the wiring harness for the alarm is in the car as I found the hood and siren plugs/taps. And really odd was that my mfg date corresponds to the older 4 pin siren with external tilt BUT my wiring had the 6 pin connector for the siren which has the internal tilt (and it works as I hear the chirp when locking the doors now). All those data points aside I don't see the motion sensor pigtail/plug or harness anywhere in the center console.

Do you have a link to the online wiring harness diagrams? Not sure where to find that...

Thanks, Jim

My Cars
    Two Z3 Roadsters
    Below is a link to NewTIS, there are wiring diagram in there to be found.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
    1999 2.8L Z3 Roadster,
    2000 3.0L Z3 Roadster,

There is only one thing more pleasurable than working on a Z3, that's driving it top down on a fine day.

My Cars
    Z4
    Perfect. After some noodling it appears they used the same harness (by diagram) from 3/2003 onward and that had the 6 pin siren and motion detector (MDD). Finally confirmation on why mine has it. So... where the heck is that connector for the MDD??? I unwrapped the harness on the passenger side of the console where I thought the plug comes from (as per all the BMW drawings) unless they are drawn for a right hand drive car and maybe its wrapped into the left side harness - but I looked long and hard at that one too without seeing it, but I did not unwrap it. Would love to find someone who has installed the motion sensor in a 2003-2005 Z4 e85 as it appears the harness is the same for those years. Thanks again for the link - I now have it bookmarked.