Thread: Which performane chip would you guys choose for your 3.2obd1 with these mods??????

My Cars
    BMW

Which performane chip would you guys choose for your 3.2obd1 with these mods??????

Hi

I am putting in a 3.2 obd1 into my 1995 bmw m3. I am going to be putting in the following mods:
    1) ECIS CAI (3.5)
    2) 540i HFM
    3) #24 injectors or #21 injectors (AA)
    4) AA trackpipe

The chips that I know of is
    1) Bimmerworld - $400 - with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 290-300hp at the crank
    2) Turner Motorsport - $259 - with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 270hp at the crank
    3) AA tuning with #21 injectors - $400 -with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 223hp at the rear wheels I don't know the crank power

I know that Chuck Stickley Makes software for the car but I don't know the power increases or the price of the chip.

Can anyone give me any ideas if the info I posted is correct or mis guided. Which would best work in my car to get the most power?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    i recommend TMS chip!!!

My Cars
    don't ask
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50
    Hi

I am putting in a 3.2 obd1 into my 1995 bmw m3. I am going to be putting in the following mods:
    1) ECIS CAI (3.5)
    2) 540i HFM
    3) #24 injectors or #21 injectors (AA)
    4) AA trackpipe

1) Bimmerworld - $400 - with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 290-300hp at the crank
    2) Turner Motorsport - $259 - with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 270hp at the crank
    3) AA tuning with #21 injectors - $400 -with mods listed they said the chip with mods should give 223hp at the rear wheels I don't know the crank power

I know that Chuck Stickley Makes software for the car but I don't know the power increases or the price of the chip.

Can anyone give me any ideas if the info I posted is correct or mis guided. Which would best work in my car to get the most power?
    The whole point of going with OBD1 is to make is much easier to have your car custom tuned. Thats where the power lies, not in simply using a 3.2L with the older DME.
    -Peter

Current toy: none
    Past cars: 88 M3, 99 M3 x2, 04 M3, 91 NSX, 06 S2000, 01 911TT, 06 Exige, 00 NSX, 04 GT3

My Cars
    BMW
    So you think I am better off getting a custom chip rather than buying on of these off the self chips? Should I just drive the car without any mods until I have a chance to go and bring the car into the shop for tuning?

My Cars
    B5.5 Passat Wagon
    I'm in the same boat and have been considering www.cssmotorsports.com. I think someone told me it's $250.

My Cars
    BMW
    I heard that cssmotorsports have been able to get the best results for the 3.2 obd1

My Cars
    don't ask
    So you think I am better off getting a custom chip rather than buying on of these off the self chips? Should I just drive the car without any mods until I have a chance to go and bring the car into the shop for tuning?
    No off the shelf chip will ever get the most out of your car, unless it was the original car that the r&d was done on. I would either drive the car over to the tuner without the mods on it (if you can ever do that with the stock chip in there...I doubt it due to things like injector size), or I would tow it there.
    -Peter

Current toy: none
    Past cars: 88 M3, 99 M3 x2, 04 M3, 91 NSX, 06 S2000, 01 911TT, 06 Exige, 00 NSX, 04 GT3

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    www.dynospotracing.com has a 3.2 OBDI chip. In one of their customer cars, with cams,
    they are making 260whp and 230wtq. Car still has stock cast exhaust manifolds and
    muffler.

Or call, ask for DC (Dick Chiang), great guy.

FWIW, I'm dyno'ing my cammed 3.0 currently running a DSR chip, tomorrow. If
    it's not too embarrassing I'll post the dyno's Friday.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    95 M3 and 03.5 M3

1) Bimmerworld is blowing smoke up your arse if you think that you are going to be putting down 245+ rwhp with that setup... Sorry I haven't seen that done without at the very least adjustments to your cams.

2) TMS and AA are a much more realistic with thier numbers. Just for your info, 223 to the wheels is about 270 (maybe a little less) to the cank.

I only have first hand experiance with the TMS chip and have found that to be VERY close to optimal tuning for my car (fuel wise.) About 1 year ago I went up to TMS and did several tests of various parts (including the track pipe) and then did a custom burn. Now all we did was to + or - fuel and only gained about 3-4 peak hp. The TMS chip was very good. All reading were done with a wideband o2 sensor for all tests (meaning that we put bung holes in the pieces that were tested ) Heck If I stuck with the original headers that I had on the car I might have been around 270 rwhp...

Anyways, good luck with your search. If you want any more infor feel free to PM me.

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...

CHip

I have the TMS chip in my car and it runs great I have all the mods you listed plus a few, Euro Header, exhaust, UUC pullies and a LTW UUC flywheel, 3.38 diff. I am going to put the cams in later. I took it to Barber and it was pretty fast. A guy with a Euro motored E36 could not out pull me and I had stock cams if that helps

I estimated between 270-290 for my car since a stock 3.0 with all your mods will hit 260ish at the crank a 3.2 is good for a few ponies just becasue of the increase in displacemnet.

GGray
    95 3.2 with toys

My Cars
    95 M3 & 98 M3 Sedan

I'm running the TMS JC Chip

It also depends on what fuel you guys are having....

with the Cam setup in a 3.2L obd1 in my 95 M3...I'm just getting around 250 RWHP...221 TQ.

the culprit.....i'm running on 91 Octane.

it just really depends.

btw. I sometime Ping at WOT.
    2008 Honda Odyssey Touring
    1998 Arctic Silver ///M3 Sedan (Bone Stock )
    1995 Arctic Silver ///M3 3.2L OBD1-Vortech SC Stage 2 w/ Schrick Cams, Aftercooler, and FMHE. Aquamist 1S, 3.38 LSD, AA Gen III exhaust, BMW OEM X-brace, //M Motorsport Brace, Front Euro Floaters w/ Ultimate Axxis, Koni Sports w/ H&R sport springs, Eibach Sways, UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR, Euro clear all around and Ellipsoids, Alpine CDA-7864 w/ Blaupunkt Amp JL stealth boxes, Forged LTW Staggered Rims.

The Forced has been Introduced!
    Euro 6spd Gear box - Installed!

98M3 OBD2 parts, Intake manifolds, Reducers, etc etc.......Click here to email me

My Cars
    If you have the time, and spare money......i would take it to my guys in west chester. They do all/most of my engine building/chip work.
    Cyntex is the name, and paul knows his stuff....
    do a few dyno runs and he can map out all your AFRs, etc. He can do just about ANYTHING!! PM me if you want the contact info...

peace

I heard that cssmotorsports have been able to get the best results for the 3.2 obd1
    "If you can leave black marks from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." --Mark Donohue

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    you are only about 20 miles from css motorsports. the only way to get the max out of any car is to get a custom chip, tuned on a dyno. stickley is the way to go.

My Cars
    95 BMW M3.2, 99 Audi A6 Avant & 01 Nissan X-Terra
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    you are only about 20 miles from css motorsports. the only way to get the max out of any car is to get a custom chip, tuned on a dyno. stickley is the way to go.

I left him a voicemail and sent him an email and still no answer. I thought about going with a css chip but if I can't get a hold of anyone.. *shrug* I'm running JIM C's chip and so far so good.
    Last edited by ChewToy; 08-27-2004 at 03:51 PM.
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.

My Cars
    98AMG C55,99M3,412whp 95 AWD Eagle Talon Tsi
    Quote Originally Posted by 332 TMS car
    1) Bimmerworld is blowing smoke up your arse if you think that you are going to be putting down 245+ rwhp with that setup... Sorry I haven't seen that done without at the very least adjustments to your cams.

2) TMS and AA are a much more realistic with thier numbers. Just for your info, 223 to the wheels is about 270 (maybe a little less) to the cank.

I only have first hand experiance with the TMS chip and have found that to be VERY close to optimal tuning for my car (fuel wise.) About 1 year ago I went up to TMS and did several tests of various parts (including the track pipe) and then did a custom burn. Now all we did was to + or - fuel and only gained about 3-4 peak hp. The TMS chip was very good. All reading were done with a wideband o2 sensor for all tests (meaning that we put bung holes in the pieces that were tested ) Heck If I stuck with the original headers that I had on the car I might have been around 270 rwhp...

Anyways, good luck with your search. If you want any more infor feel free to PM me.
    Kool!