Thread: Replacement Subframe?

My Cars
    70's p-cars

Replacement Subframe?

Ok, the car is a 97 M3 that is set up for track days and TT.

One of our winter projects will be to replace all the rear subframe bushings. While we have the subframe out, I want to look things over and if there is corrosion or other unservicable conditions (bent, cracked...) I plan to replace it.

I recall a thread a ways back where there was a discussion going on between someone who was offering new powder coated rear subframes for like $500, and someone else who posted a link to another source that had them for about $200. I liked the $200 one and thought at the time that I'd come back to the thread if I ever needed one.

Now I can't find the link. Can anyone point me to it? Or, does anyone have a good source for reinforced, powder coated e36 M3 rear subframes you can steer me towards? I need something good enough to install in a hard-running track car - there needs to be quality.

Much appreciated!

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is

My Cars
    70's p-cars
    Thanks! That was the expensive one There was another that was brought up that IIRC was essentially the same as the garagistic one but for $200ish or so. The latter one is the one I'm after...

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I *think* I remember that. IIRC, it was one of the forum members doing that mostly as a side business. He had a few things he did/sold. And I'm pretty sure he's not active anymore.

I'd be really surprised if yours isn't in good enough shape to repair/reinforce.
    Where are you located?

My Cars
    E46 330 ZHP, E36 328i
    Use POR 15 and be done with it forever.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    You can buy a cheap gravity feed blaster if you have a compressor with enough capacity.

My Cars
    70's p-cars
    Hey, thanks all. The one that's in the car now is already reinforced. We've been running it like that for three years. I guess I'm thinking ahead to what I might need to deal with when we remove the subframe that's in there. If we have a problem and I can find something that's plug and play, where I can just swap in the new for the old, that's my preference - but I don't want to spend $600 to do it. I can buy one now that's out of the car, clean it up, weld in the support and be ready to go that way but I was hoping to find something already done by someone who does them all the time (not me ).

Keep the suggestions coming. I really appreciate it.