BAVToys

Thread: Adaptive headlight needs to be replaced /too expensive / alternative question

My Cars
    2011 bmw 535i xdrive

Adaptive headlight needs to be replaced /too expensive / alternative question

2011 bmw 535i xdrive

I have condensation in my driver's side headlight. Tried several times to get rid of it but always comes back. Must have gotten enough condensation to mess with the module, now I have "adaptive headlight malfunction / daytime running lamp malfunction and turn signal malfunction.

I need to get the car inspected so I need my turn signals working. I'm not opposed to buying a complete replacement housing, but I do not want to spend the kind of money for adaptive. It's ridiculous and I don't need it. I can save considerable money's by replacing the whole assembly with non adaptive aftermarkets ( I will replace both, as now the passenger side is also giving me issues)

I don't care about adaptive. I don't even care if I get adaptive malfunction light on my dash for a while until I can get that coded out of the car. What I need, and fast, is a pair of headlights. I see most places sell them without the modules. If I remove my old housing, buy new non adaptive lights, with new modules, and slap it in, would it work? Are the connectors the same for non adaptive housings as adaptive?

Again I do not care if I have a code temporarily, and I do not care about retaining adaptive lights. I need a quick fix to get my signal lights functional for inspection. I've searched a lot on this topic I can't find answer to my specific application or question.

Please and thank you for any help or advice you can provide.
    Last edited by Unclepaul; 01-29-2020 at 02:58 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    since they are that old, maybe look into getting a used set of non-adaptive headlights just for inspection until you get this resolved...
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    2011 bmw 535i xdrive
    My cheapest option so far is to try the cheap replacement modules and see if I get function back.... Ill try to dry the housings out best I can and see if replacing the modules helps at all and go from there.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Are signal bulbs regular halogen bulbs or some fancy LED plate that has its own $10000 controller type of thing?