Thread: FS: Titanium Silver 2000 M Roadster w/ Hardtop, TCK S/A, Stromung, etc.

My Cars
    '00 Z3M / '91 318is

FS: Titanium Silver 2000 M Roadster w/ Hardtop, TCK S/A, Stromung, etc.

Hi all,

I'm reluctantly selling my 2000 BMW M Roadster, asking $11,500 with all included equipment listed below. The text below is copied over from a FB marketplace post, so obviously not written for an enthusiast audience! If I don't get any good hits soon, i'll start replacing the suspension and exhaust with OEM parts and then selling those upgrades here. Likewise with the hardtop. But, i'd really rather it all go together at once.

This future classic 2000 M Roadster is in great shape for its high-ish mileage (128k), and has been a joy to drive and upgrade over the last 5 years. The 240HP (stock) S52 engine is a classic BMW inline 6 cylinder, and has been bulletproof during my ownership. This car pulls strong, handles wonderfully, looks amazing, and is generally just a joy to drive and own.

The OEM hardtop is a fantastic upgrade both visually and in terms of chassis stiffness, and helps transform this into a true three season car. I have service records documented since 2012. Being that I live in a small town and use this as a second vehicle, I’ve put less than 10k miles on it in my 5 years of ownership, but have done a lot of upgrading and adjustment in that time to make it look and drive exactly how I wanted it to. Lots of pricey suspension upgrades are on this car, in addition to a Dinan ECU chip, Stromung Exhaust, and other goodies.

The car has had some paint work and a couple replaced panels over the years due to two separate low speed incidents; first, the previous owner replaced the hood, passenger headlight, and some trim due to a parking lot mishap with an SUV. Second, the driver’s rear fender was replaced in 2018 due to an SUV side-swiping the car in a parking lot. Stupid SUVs.

Here’s a bunch more info on the maintenance history, upgrades, and other stuff that will come with the car:
    Wheels, Suspension & Chassis Upgrades:
    OEM BMW 17” M “Roadstar” Style 40 Wheels, staggered 17x7.5 ET41 F / 7x9 ET8 R
    BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 - 225/45/17 (front) / 245/40/17 (rear)
    TC Kline S/A Front Coilovers w/ TCK Camber Plates (500# springs)
    TC Kline Shorty Rear Springs w/ height adjusters (600# springs)
    H&R 28mm Front Sway Bar
    Strong Strut Front Tower Brace
    Wheel Spacers 15mm front, 20mm rear
    E21 Transmission Mounts
    OEM Hardtop & Mounts
    Mason Engineering Steel Clutch Pedal
    BMW ZHP Shift Knob
    Dinan ECU Chip
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Blaupunkt Brisbane Digital Media Head Unit

Recent Maintenance:
    Oil and Filter changed yearly or 3000 miles, Mobile-1 Synthetic 0-W40
    New Clutch, Pressure Plate, and 14.5lb Flywheel Installed 1/2016
    Clutch Slave Cylinder and Stainless Steel braided Clutch Lines 4/2016
    R/R Offset Idler Pulley 9/2016
    4 Wheel Alignment 10/2018
    Sway Bar End Links 5/2019
    Miscellaneous interior and exterior refresh items 2015-2019
    Service Records dating from 2012-Current

Additional equipment included with the purchase:
    Z3-specific car cover
    Z3-specific window shade
    Bentley service & repair manual
    OEM suspension pieces
    OEM Clutch Pedal
    OEM Shift Knob
    OEM Exhaust
    A HUGE bag of misc. spare parts and items that i’ve ordered over the years but not yet installed.
    Diff Mount reinforcing brackets (x2) and 80a poly subframe bushings (see below)

All of the upgrades and spares listed above will come with the purchase at the current asking price. Some items can be removed and replaced with OEM spares if you wish to purchase the car at a lower price.

Some things that could use repair or replacement soon (it is a 20 year old car after all):
    - Some misc. interior trim bits are worn or missing, and there are some creaks and squeaks in the interior to be expected with this generation BMW
    -The center console storage lid cracked and I have not replaced it.
    - I removed the OEM rear view mirror because it takes up too much visual room in the cabin when driving. Will need to be adhered to the windshield if the new owner wishes to remount it. The auto-dimming function does not work.
    - The shifter and transmission are overall in good shape, but sometimes second gear is a little mushy, and has been the entire time i;’ve owned the vehicle. I purchased a full detent and shifter rebuild kit, but have not had a chance to install it.
    - I installed a new clutch and 14.5lb flywheel a couple years back, and the lighter flywheel has some chattering noises when the car is warm and idling. This is typical behavior for lighter flywheels, but is noisier than stock. I like the performance better though, so I can live with the extra noise.
    - The third taillight in the trunk allows some water in while driving in the rain, which I don’t do often. A new taillight gasket is included in the spare parts.
    - The differential mount at the trunk spot-welds tore at some point in the previous ownership history, and was repaired at that time. The repaired welding is not pretty, but does the job. I purchased some 80a poly subframe bushings and two subframe mount reinforcing brackets with the intention of tearing all that out and redoing the repair in a better way. But, that’s a big undertaking and not something I ever found time to do. I’ll try to get some photos of the diff. mount repairs soon.
    - Driver’s side heated seat currently not working, sadly. Suspect shorted wires in the heating pad, and haven’t taken the seats apart to re-solder. Pass. side heated seat works great.
    - Some wear visible on the top edge of the /M steering wheel
    - The Passenger side window regulator is misaligned, and rolls up and down slowly.
    - The front bumper has several scrapes and paint chips, to be expected with the mileage and suspension.
    - The soft top is in good shape overall and has no leaks or tears, although the window has some fogging and is generally a little tired. I generally run this car with the hard top on year-round, so this never bothers me.

Overall, this car is a great example of classic BMW /M car, with analog steering and throttle, minimal driver’s aids, a powerful inline 6 cylinder NA engine, RWD and less than 3,000lb curb weight. It’s a complete hooligan if you want it to be, and a pretty civilized top-down roadster when you are feeling more civil. A future classic for sure, and i’m only selling it because I’ve moved on to a Porsche Cayman. I realized that I preferred the hardtop 100% of the time, and since /M coupes are so overpriced, I decided to switch it up and buy a Cayman. No more room in the garage for the Z3M Roadster, so it has to go!

Fairly firm on the price, but send an offer if you’d like.

--> Here's a link to the photos on imgur <--- since they no longer allow hotlinking photos apparently.

My Cars
    M Roadster
    My names Alex in PORTLAND. Interested in the roadster or perhaps the hardtop. Please give me a call at 503.901.9182. Thanks