Thread: Need Help = LS2 E36 w/Hydroboost Brake Pedal Feel

My Cars
    95 LS2 M3 - AKA Grimace

Need Help = LS2 E36 w/Hydroboost Brake Pedal Feel

Picked up another member's long term LS2 project in October and have been going through the car buttoning things up further, tuning and increasing drivability. It is running a hydroboost setup w/ ABS delete, Willwood BBK up front and a Tilton rear brake proportioning valve. The problem I'm having is crazy stiff brake pedal feel - with almost no give. Brakes are firm, stopping power is fantastic but with no travel and little pedal feel I can't heel/toe which makes driving the car a little awkward. Happy to provide pics and more details on the setup but can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust this. ANY info and help would be amazing.

Cheers
    Last edited by gride1; 01-28-2020 at 02:16 PM.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Pedal travel is proportional to master cyl displacement, no?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95 LS2 M3 - AKA Grimace
    100% correct. Just wondering if there are ways to adjust travel/feel (without changing master cyl bore) - as I'd read about how great the potential feel of hydro boost setups can be.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Don't know how the displacement proportions between the master and calipers could be altered without changing components. Perhaps an opportunity for larger calipers.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    Don't know how the displacement proportions between the master and calipers could be altered without changing components. Perhaps an opportunity for larger calipers.
    I think what the OP is asking is if there's a way with the Hydroboost pump to vary the assist. I don't know the answer.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I'm sure line pressure could be reduced (perhaps with a restriction?)but the physics don't change. He'll still have same pedal travel just requiring more effort. Maybe that's what he's after.