Thread: 2003 540i mtech manual. What's it worth?

My Cars
    None

2003 540i mtech manual. What's it worth?

Hey guys. I just want to know how much the manual versions are worth. I have a general idea if what the automatic version are worth but no idea on the manuals. The car specs are:

Black on black
    Mostly stock
    77k+ miles
    Body looks really clean

I'm going to attach a document of the service records that was sent to me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Been searching for 1 for a long time and hopefully I can snag this 1 up in the very near future
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    02 525,01 X5,99 323IC
    anywhere from $4-10K at the most. Couldn't really read that document, but didn't see anything about timing guides being done. If they havn't-factor in a $3K number. Up to you

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    There is a guy up here in the Portland Oregon area that thinks his is worth $18,000.

I have two of them, both are 2003 540i6's and I paid less than $10,000 total. Of course, I purchased them years apart and one of them is a project.
    If it's really clean and near perfect, it's probably still worth under $10,000. I'd pay arount $7,000.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

The law does NOT determine "right" from "wrong". They are unrelated.

If you put cheap parts on your car, you will soon have a cheap parts car.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 540i 6 speed
    What is the seller asking, and what are you willing to pay? These cars are not plentiful. If you want it, buy it. Don't fret about the price.

Ed in San Jose '97 540i 6 speed aspensilber over aubergine leather. Build date 3/97. Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA Nr 62319.

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by capebmw View Post
    anywhere from $4-10K at the most. Couldn't really read that document, but didn't see anything about timing guides being done. If they havn't-factor in a $3K number. Up to you
    He said the timing tensioners were done but not the guides

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santaclaus4 View Post
    There is a guy up here in the Portland Oregon area that thinks his is worth $18,000.

I have two of them, both are 2003 540i6's and I paid less than $10,000 total. Of course, I purchased them years apart and one of them is a project.
    If it's really clean and near perfect, it's probably still worth under $10,000. I'd pay arount $7,000.
    In the pictures it looks clean but I have.tbseen it in person since im.about 400miles away. He said there's a coolant leak and doesn't know exactly where. Hes guessing it's from some o rings on some metal tubes that go to the engine. He also said it leaks when its pressed hard. My guess is the valley pan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edjack View Post
    What is the seller asking, and what are you willing to pay? These cars are not plentiful. If you want it, buy it. Don't fret about the price.
    He said hes firm at 14k but with the chain guides not being done and a coolant leak from an unknown area I'm guessing 8k? If nothing major is wrong with it mechanically

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    I’d say it’s worth about 12-15k depending on history / condition... manual MTechs are extremely hard to find and sought after.... I guarantee the value is only going up too so it’s a good investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    540i6 S2M5 M2C 135 S52ti
    TCG not being done at that low miles begs the question is it age or miles that kills these things.... if you can find some comparable cars that have and have not had them done for ammunition that always helps... if it’s truly priced too high it won’t sell but I’m betting it will be gone sooner than later... how long has it been listed for?

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by angeleye540i View Post
    TCG not being done at that low miles begs the question is it age or miles that kills these things.... if you can find some comparable cars that have and have not had them done for ammunition that always helps... if it’s truly priced too high it won’t sell but I’m betting it will be gone sooner than later... how long has it been listed for?

I dont know how long it's been listed, it doesn't say. Cant find comparable cars as they are prett hard to locate. There's 1 on bring a trailer that's in decent condition with 137k miles. Bunch of rock chips on hood and driver fender along with door things on passenger fender,door and driver side rear quarter panel and it seems to have to stalled at 5.1k with 11 hours left on the auction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angeleye540i View Post
    I’d say it’s worth about 12-15k depending on history / condition... manual MTechs are extremely hard to find and sought after.... I guarantee the value is only going up too so it’s a good investment

I posted a picture of the history the seller sent me. Check it out

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    It' MTX history looks ok, not stellar but definately ok. Pretty standard stuff for a nearly 20 year old BMW. It does show it isn't neglected.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaclaus4 View Post
    It' MTX history looks ok, not stellar but definately ok. Pretty standard stuff for a nearly 20 year old BMW. It does show it isn't neglected.
    What would be a fair price to offer the seller?

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    I have two cars identical to the one your looking at and I can't imagine getting or even asking that kind of money. I love these cars and I still wouldn't pay more than $10,000. Your market might be a little higher, maybe you wouldn't bat an eye at a higher price? I dunno.