Thread: 2007 335i

My Cars
    2007 335i BMW

2007 335i

Cars been down I’m having issues... I get codes for bank 1 to lean and misfire in cylinders 1-4 I changed both o2s for bank 1... all new spark plugs... all coil packs are good... I’ve check for vacuum leaks.... and it keeps going into limp mode...

My Cars
    Could be injectors.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2007 335i BMW
    I was thinking that I am going to check them today.... they are refurbished and maybe been installed for little under a year...

My Cars
    Refurbished injectors? I wouldn't use them. What's the revision number? Anything below 11 belongs in the trash. And I probably wouldn't even use 11's.

But, there could be another issue causing the multiple misfires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2007 335i BMW
    They are 12 I have some old ones that where still good so I swapped them but my INPA program not working I have to find another to download.. so I can code them... if this isn’t the issue than I don’t know what to do... I don’t have the cash to go to the dealer....

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctomsa View Post
    They are 12 I have some old ones that where still good so I swapped them but my INPA program not working I have to find another to download.. so I can code them... if this isn’t the issue than I don’t know what to do... I don’t have the cash to go to the dealer....

Referb Index 12 are a scam. Referb anything is really. Unless, maybe... just maybe they are from FCP Euro.
    It's seen lots and was just a conversation on another forum.
    Ebay seller(s) has been rescreening the info on them, also BSing the calibration numbers (all the same).

Plugs;
    What Make and Model?
    What gap?
    What boost?

Any mods, such as JB4 or MHD? (may be able to see logs to help suggest issue)

2007... when were the Intake Ports last Walnut Blasted?

My Cars
    '08 E90 335xi manual
    How did you check for vacuum leaks?
    Are you gonna eat that?

My Cars
    2007 335i BMW
    No mods the plugs are Bosch zgr6ste2 copper with nickel and they’re for my car I get the same ones every time never any issues.... I’ve only had car for a little over a year don’t know about walnut blast

- - - Updated - - -

My dad used carb cleaner he’s a retired mechanic of 30 years... he said he couldn’t find any leaks...

My Cars
    '08 E90 335xi manual
    No offense to your dad, but the spray test is an old shade tree mechanic hack. Sometimes it gets lucky.
    The reliable test is a smoke test.
    Are you gonna eat that?

My Cars
    335i E93 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by relative4 View Post
    No offense to your dad, but the spray test is an old shade tree mechanic hack. Sometimes it gets lucky.
    The reliable test is a smoke test.

I'm hoping the spraying an attempt at intake valve cleaning, not vacuum testing.
    That said, carb cleaner won't do jack for your intake valves - which is why the dealer recommends 'sand' blasting them, but with walnut shells.

For good ignition, you want good Fuel Injectors, Spark Plugs (correct gap per plug), clean Intake Valves (google pics, they can get pretty carbon blocked), Ignition Coils and air is nice.

Given you believe all the Hardware is optimal, i'd focus on Intake Valves. Get some pics.

However, given that it's more bank 1 than bank 2, I'd also be moving hardware and retesting.

In the end... there is 98% chance it will be one of the above.

My Cars
    2007 335i BMW
    What do u mean by smoke test?

- - - Updated - - -

I but old injectors back in but INPA program I had don’t work anymore so I can’t code them

Quote Originally Posted by Codes2 View Post
    I'm hoping the spraying an attempt at intake valve cleaning, not vacuum testing.
    That said, carb cleaner won't do jack for your intake valves - which is why the dealer recommends 'sand' blasting them, but with walnut shells.

For good ignition, you want good Fuel Injectors, Spark Plugs (correct gap per plug), clean Intake Valves (google pics, they can get pretty carbon blocked), Ignition Coils and air is nice.

Given you believe all the Hardware is optimal, i'd focus on Intake Valves. Get some pics.

However, given that it's more bank 1 than bank 2, I'd also be moving hardware and retesting.

In the end... there is 98% chance it will be one of the above.