Thread: Help identify problem with me e90 please

My Cars
    Bmw e90 320i 2005

Help identify problem with me e90 please

https://youtu.be/bdWSaLUw_uo

I need advice in identifying the exact issue. A few days ago the car was overheating and smoking heavily (dashboard engine temp yellow warning light immediately followed by red) upon inspection the upper rad hose had been disconnected at worn. I have properly replaced the upper rad hose and the resevoir to rad hose. I then topped up coolant and manually bled the system (i tried the automatic way... later found out through bmw helpline that the 2005 e90 doesnt have an electic water pump). I am fairly certain there is no air in the system left.

For 30 mins of driving the engine ran fine with very little smoke in exhaust (normal amount on cold day) inside there was still no hot or even cold air through the air vents when heat turned on in cabin but we could hear the air con sound. (normal amount on cold day), the hood started smoking white a little and this is where it was smoking from: video. The engine overheat light didnt come on but i stopped soon after seeing smoke. There was also a burning smell i couldnt identify what was burning.

I would love any advice or help on identifying the issue. I can also confirm when i had the upper rad hose issue and the engine overheated the first time the fan was working even after the car turned off. Also I dont believe i am losing any coolant anymore

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    How many miles on he car? The consensus here and on other BMW forums is that the cooling system needs to be overhauled at 100k miles. Why? A lot of the cooling system is made of plastic, good German plastic, but plastic nonetheless. Plastic ages in 2 ways: fIrst, by the passage of time, and second by the repeated heating/cooling cycles. My recommendation is to find a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. I’d check with the British version of our BMW Car Club of America for shop recommendations. Make sure the new parts are made by the suppliers to BMW. These parts are known as original equipment or original equipment manufacturer parts. The installation of aftermarket cooling system parts is strictly verboten!

My Cars
    2001 525it
    You also have oil leaks by the smell description valve cover, oil filter housing and oil pan are very common to have a oil burning smell most likely it's the valve cover gasket