Thread: 2007 bmw x3.0si

My Cars
    2007 bmx x3

2007 bmw x3.0si

Hi All,

I currently have an issue where there is no heat in the vents and the car overheats with no loss of radiator fluid or leakage. The thermostat was replaced and the car worked fine for a week until the symptom returned. I noticed the bottom rad hose is cold and the upper rad hose is hot.

Before the replacement of the thermostat it started to work on its own again but I still had it replaced as a pro active measurement so that I wouldn't be stranded but lo and behold, it came back.

Anybody have any ideas what it could be.

regards

My Cars
    '88 320i Mtech2; 2004 X3
    if the coolant level is topped up and the coolant system is bled properly to get rid of air locks, then...

consider that the heater control valve is not working (maybe stuck ,,?) I had this problem one year ago with the X3 and was told that BOTH the thermostat AND the heater control valve should be replaced to fix the no-heat condition.

No heat in this weather sucks!! Hope you get it fixed soon
    Last edited by my1stE30; 01-25-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    ... forty-three years of driving before I get behind the wheel of a BMW .... and I am thinking, "why did it take me so long?"
    ... and then after another 4 years I can't believe that I have two of them !!

My Cars
    2007 bmx x3
    Did your vehicle overheat and had to turn off the vehicle or just cold air in the vents. My thermostat gauge shot up to the red.

- - - Updated - - -

My issue is 3 fold.

A./cold air in the vents
    B./temperature gauge in the vehicle shot up to red( turned off engine before it blew)
    C./lower rad hose cold

My Cars
    Zed4
    water pump flow?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Pull fault codes you need the electric water pump and thermostat

My Cars
    2007 bmx x3
    thanks for the feedback. The mechanic was able to confirm it was the water pump.
    On a secondary note, he wants to replace my valve cover gasket because of oil leakage and mentioned about a possible crack on the cylinder head cover that these vehicles are known for. The gasket price is quite relatively cheap but according to the mechanic the head cover is around 600 dollars in parts alone. If left alone are there any long term repercussions.

My Cars
    Zed4
    Depends on the severity of the leak. If it's just slightly moist, it should be ok for a while but will probably only get worse over time. Might as well have it taken care of when doing the pump since it'll probably need done eventually. The cover may or may not be cracked, but if it is, it will probably get worse over time. $600 is the marked price up so the shop can make additional profit, which is common practice.