Thread: DME VIN not matching chassis, used car, stock DME. SOS

My Cars
    1-thirty-five-eye

DME VIN not matching chassis, used car, stock DME. SOS

I've posted on some other forums but haven't got around on this one. Haven't had any replies or leads on what it could be.

Purchased car and had it delivered, DME vin is to a 2007 335i. Car is a 2008 135i.

Pulled the DME to see if it was replaced etc., the VIN stamp on the DME is the same as the chassis

Was told to remove the JB4 and then try to pull the VIN from OBD. JB4 removed and VIN still reading as the 07 335i.

The only thing I could think of is someone somehow got a used MHD flash? I know that they are VIN-locked so is that even possible? I had a guy look at the DME and VIN, I think he was using WINKFP. He said when he pulled up the car with that program the original VIN was in it's system. Car also has code u0100

Car can't pass my states emissions until the DME vin is identical to the chassis.
    Will cross-post this on the e9x platform since the current DME is from a e92.

Thanks!!

My Cars
    2011 E90 328i
    Call some of the online dealers who repair DME's, and ask them. Maybe for a small fee they can reprogram yours. which would solve your problem. Also, contact the state MVA and ask them. They may be willing to give you an extension, or a temporary sticker so you can get it registered.

My Cars
    750 F01, 850i, LR3 HSE
    Quote Originally Posted by iEatSand View Post
    I've posted on some other forums but haven't got around on this one. Haven't had any replies or leads on what it could be.

Purchased car and had it delivered, DME vin is to a 2007 335i. Car is a 2008 135i.

Pulled the DME to see if it was replaced etc., the VIN stamp on the DME is the same as the chassis

Was told to remove the JB4 and then try to pull the VIN from OBD. JB4 removed and VIN still reading as the 07 335i.

The only thing I could think of is someone somehow got a used MHD flash? I know that they are VIN-locked so is that even possible? I had a guy look at the DME and VIN, I think he was using WINKFP. He said when he pulled up the car with that program the original VIN was in it's system. Car also has code u0100

Car can't pass my states emissions until the DME vin is identical to the chassis.
    Will cross-post this on the e9x platform since the current DME is from a e92.

Thanks!!
    What is the VIN in the CAS module? Does it match?

Mark.

My Cars
    1-thirty-five-eye
    I'm not sure about the CAS vin, I'm thinking of pulling out the CAS today and checking if it has a VIN stamp on it. I don't have the proper tools myself to read the CAS module. It might be worth investing into it.