Thread: Radio Code

My Cars
    Z3 and Z4 M Coupe

Radio Code

Is anyone here able to lookup a radio code ?

My serial number is BP8272W1479433
    Part number 7648272042
    Location is USA
    Drink wine! BMW CCA #373875 - 2007 M Coupe (project) - 2000 Z3 Coupe - 2015 Impreza wagon

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Go visit the dealer parts department with the the w and numbers

My Cars
    N/A
    When I needed a code, the dealer for whatever reason could never supply the correct one. Two dealers in fact. I paid for an ivgsoft code and it worked. Think they may be even cheaper now like $7.
    Last edited by workhurts; 01-20-2020 at 06:27 PM.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5 M54
    Funny I was looking at my Business CD radio on the work bench yesterday wanting to put it back in. Previous owner removed it because of the code issue, the code is currently unknown.

So I searched for and found ivgsoft.com and it looks like 13 bucks will get me my code.

Thanks for that info!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5 M54
    Just an update, I successfully installed my original Business CD and the code received from ivgsoft.com worked. When I first turned on the radio the readout on the radio said "CODE WAIT". I had to wait 1 hour with the radio on (found that info here in the FAQ) before that readout changed to "CODE _ _ _ _ _". Now I could enter the code, and the radio turned on.

Also, the code entry instructions on the ivgsoft.com website did not work for my radio. Their instructions said to enter the first number of the code with the first radio preset button, pushing it the same number of times the first code number is. Then use the second radio preset button to enter the second number, again pushing it the same number of times the second code number is. Continue with the rest of the radio preset buttons until the code is correctly displayed. This did not work for me, so I simply entered the code using the preset buttons. So, if the code was 54326, push the fifth preset button once, push the fourth preset button once, push the third preset button once, push the second preset button once, and push the sixth preset button once. With the code displayed push the ">" tuning button to enter the code, and that worked!

What I didn't do was put the alarm switch back where it belongs so the radio will not alarm if it is removed. The switch is there, ty-wrapped to the bracket, and apparently the aftermarket radio installer did something to keep the switch open so the Body Electronics Control Module thinks the radio is installed. My question is, what does the Body Electronics Control Module do when it thinks the radio had been removed? Does it send a signal to the EWS to immobilize the car?

Thanks,

Andy

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    The radio switch, behind the radio, is usually held in a open position (circuit not connected) by the rod sticking out the back of the stock radio. So that when the radio is remove, the rod is pulled out and the switch switch is closed and the alarm goes off (if set). You can either do something to hold the switch open (zip tie, tape, etc.) or just unplug the switch. This will allow your alarm to work with your radio out of the system.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The z3 radios are a pain in the ass to code compared to the e34/36 type just have the radio on while driving and eventually the code wait will go back to code