Thread: What color is my dashboard?

My Cars
    09 X5 & 01 740i Sport

What color is my dashboard?

Since finding a schwarz (N6SW) trim piece for my dash at a vaguely reasonable price has proven impossible, I got the piece I was looking for in tan, with the intent of dying it. I don't expect a perfect match, but I'd like to get close. The problem I'm encountering is, that while the leather seats and everything else in the car are black (schwarz) the dash is a dark gray, that I can't seem to find referenced anywhere, which is making finding a good color match rather difficult.

Anybody have any idea what color I should be searching for?

Thanks! And apologies if this has been answered. Every combination of search terms I used came back with too few or too many results.

My Cars
    2001 740i E38
    The term Anthrazite (Anthracite in English) seems to come up when describing interior trim. Have you tried using that as a search basis?
    2001 740I M62TUB44: Iris, My daily
    1997 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L 4x4: Onyx, the 315k mile tow rig

My Cars
    09 X5 & 01 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverIris View Post
    The term Anthrazite (Anthracite in English) seems to come up when describing interior trim. Have you tried using that as a search basis?
    I wondered about that, but pretty much all of the references I've found to that are for the exterior paint color, or for the interior headliner. The headliner color does appear to be close to the dash color from the pictures I've seen, but I also haven't had any luck finding any dye or paint that color. (The exterior paint is a much lighter gray)

My Cars
    750IL/540iT/R53/E46Vert
    What are the last 7 digits of your VIN - it should tell you on the decoder sites

My Cars
    09 X5 & 01 740i Sport
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by CPHES View Post
    What are the last 7 digits of your VIN - it should tell you on the decoder sites
    DN88623 All the decoders I have tried just says the interior is Schwarz N6SW.

I'm starting to think that maybe everything has just faded over time. The trim piece in question isn't very conspicuous so I might just leave it be.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmurdock View Post
    Since finding a schwarz (N6SW) trim piece for my dash at a vaguely reasonable price has proven impossible, I got the piece I was looking for in tan, with the intent of dying it. I don't expect a perfect match, but I'd like to get close. The problem I'm encountering is, that while the leather seats and everything else in the car are black (schwarz) the dash is a dark gray, that I can't seem to find referenced anywhere, which is making finding a good color match rather difficult.

Anybody have any idea what color I should be searching for?

Thanks! And apologies if this has been answered. Every combination of search terms I used came back with too few or too many results.
    Using the VIN you gave and one of the online part database sites (bimmercat.com)...you only have FOUR dashboard color options for item #1 in the diagram:
    1. Schwarz (black)
    2. Marinblau (marine blue)
    3. Sandbeige (sand beige)
    4. Dunkelgruen (dark green)

So as you've assumed...ultra violet rays over the years has probably had some affect on the color of your dash. If you click the direct link below to the diagram shown...you can see that the database lists all the colors for item #1 when I used your VIN to pull up this diagram:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    09 X5 & 01 740i Sport
    Thanks for all of the assistance. I ordered a can of Colorbond LVP BMW Charcoal from Amazon that arrived today, and it was actually a pretty close match to the dash. It isn't perfect, but I'd say it's about as close as I'll get without doing the entire dash.