Thread: 750xi or Lexus LS

My Cars
    Honda S2000, VW Jetta TD

750xi or Lexus LS

We currently drive a '15 335xi stick which my wife likes but I'm tired of.
    As the miles pile up (46k) now, It may be the optimum time to move up to bigger cruiser. Failed alternator ( covered under warranty) at 40k is concerning.

IMHO, a Lexus LS is a great value in the segment but the boss(and I) will probably like the "drive" of a 750 better. Probably will be able to negotiate on a '16-'17 750.

Before we test drive, I'd like to understand the extra expected costs with the 750 vs Lexus LS.

We can afford to maintain a BMW but don't want extra $$ surprises.

Are the 750 motors as bad as I hear on these forums or is it just the pre '13 models. Are there any other problem areas on '16 or later 750s.

The Lexus LS while less exciting is considered the gold standard of maintenance/reliability.

Thanks in advance for inputs and insights

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Having been in the repair business for 30 years mostly BMW but now all cars I feel Toyota/Lexus really are well made cars and reliable or hondas, BMW's are costly complicated and drive very well, but as of late have been having serious engine problems which is completely unacceptable for such a well known brand, I .love driving my old BMW but I don't think my list of things to do on it ever ends. I've seen some pretty well equipped Lexus's. Id buy the Lexus

My Cars
    If you want reliable, and relatively maintenance free, get the Lexus. While maybe more boring to drive and look at, the cost of ownership will likely be much lower. If you plan on keeping the car past a warranty period, that is.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician