Thread: Intake Boot & ICV Issue

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i

Exclamation Intake Boot & ICV Issue

I have a '91 325i coupe, and it's had a rough idle ever since I bought it. Realized the other day that my intake boot has a huge crack at the connection to the ICV which is causing the issue. So I purchased a new intake boot only to realize that my ICV is an aftermarket part that never fit my car to begin with (it's for e36's). The mechanic who sold it to me, must have intentionally cracked the intake boot valve to fit around the Bosch ICV and I never noticed.

Anyways, I'm looking to replace the ICV and was wondering which part I should get. Is this it? Are there any cheaper options that you guys would recommend? Forgive me, I'm new to the forum and also new to doing my own maintenance and repairs. Any help is much appreciated.

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    there are two types of icv. there is the T type, like your pic, and the L type. you just need the one that matches what your engine should have. check realoem.com, using your vin, to see what you should have
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    1989 325ix, 2003 4.4 x5
    I just saw a post saying that it's very hard to find the L type, so you can use the T type but may need to make sure you buy the corresponding boot. I did not look into this so I don't know if it's accurate. That is a strap price, you could try modding a boot to make a better fit/deal with your e36 part 🤷*♂️

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    It's definitely the T-type. Checked the realoem database (thanks superj) and also a bunch of ICV replacement tutorial videos. No one has the Bosch part that I have so I'm gonna assume it was a quick hackjob to get the car running...even with the shitty idle...just so they could sell it...to me! hahahaha

Gonna browse around to find a cheaper option than the one on Pelican and hopefully this solves the issue!

Thanks for your help guys.

My Cars
    Now:0 Past:5 E30s,1 E28
    www.BMAparts.com
    They're in Glendale. (near 5 freeway/Western Ave. exit)
    Often cheaper than Pelican, AND quite often have the part(s) available same day (or next day) for pick-up.
    And they've always been really helpful on the phone, finding the right part, etc.
    ~S

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325is
    worst case make some hose and clamp it to each section.
    '87 325is
    Build Thread Here