Thread: My baby and her story

My Cars
    E34 & E30

My baby and her story

Hello there !
    I´ve had my e34 for about 3 years now and I was thinking about uploading her story. There´s so much more to come, but for the meantime as I´m working on my e30 I´d like to at least put here the things I´ve already done to her.
    But firstly, I should intorduce her. It´s an 1994 e34 with m50b20 engine. The engine runs very smoothly, it is a single vanos. The colour is my absolute favourite calypsorot metallic. As for the interior, I have heated front seats, wooden steering wheel, air bags, small bc, AC (not working at the moment), electrical front windows, heated side mirrors, heated rear window, heated locks, and maybe some other things that I forgot to mention.. also, I call it a "her" and also I gave her a name - "Mango" because the colour reminds me of a ripe mango lol.
    So uh, I bought her in quite a rusty state (as typical for these cars) .
    rust.jpg

These were the photos I had prior to buying her. I knew there was work to be done there but it could have been much worse. So, after a few monts of having her at home as my beloved daily, I decided to get her to the welder for some beauty time. I wasn´t really concerned about him getting the colour right since I´m planning a paint job for the whole car in the future but I was surprised by the results.
    rust2.jpg

I was really happy with the outcome, however a year after it has been done I had to have it re-done because the salt during the winter damaged the rocker panel but I didn´t have to pay anything for that repair, thankfully. I also had bought rear passenger door because mine was broken in the metal and I had that painted.
    painted.jpg
    Another 6 months went by and I was already looking up suspensions. Mine was original BMW mounted in the factory and it was unbearable. It made all kinds of noises and also made driving the car quite dangerous - especially when I was trying the max speed since it bounced so much it was sometimes barely possible to stop the car. So, I found this eshop selling suspensions and I already knew that I wanted to use Lowtec suspension because I had done my research and asked around and it was clearly the best choice for me. To this day, I´m very happy with my choice. So the process began, I exchanged numerous emails with the worker of the shop and lastly, I have decided to go for Lowtec lowered suspension - 6cm in the front and 4cm rear. The process of changing the suspension was hard, let me tell you that... Years of rust and goo on the old suspension made it so hard to pull out that we had to cut it on multiple occasions.

suspension.jpg before lowering - styling 5 vs. after lowering - upgraded the suspension and the weels, looked better already on those 17´ bbs wheels

After a few weekends of hard work it was finally done. I´ll post more about the suspension upgrade if you´re interested, I have a few funny videos from the progress lol.
    Anyway, the car looked very clean and neat afterwards.
    So that was it for me, at least for a while. As it´s my daily, I can not really be without her for longer periods of time so I had to choose my upgrades wisely. The last thing I had upgraded for now, are the front lights. I had original white hella lights but I´ve always loved the yellow french hella ones and so I searched the internet and found some for sale for a really good price not that far from me. I bought them immediately and another small upgrade was coming.
    lights.jpg
    I really love the combination of the french yellow hella and calypsorot metallic to be honest, I´m just a sucker for that colour in general. The french lights are original with yellow glass so I don´t have any problems with the cops. They wanted to give me a ticket for "colorful foil on lights" but I explained politely that it´s the original glass so they couldn´t lol. Anyway, the lights weren´t in the best shape and they didn´t really work well and at night I coudln´t see anything so after a month or so of driving like that I had to combine my old ones with these new ones and basically build one perfectly working pair. Since then I had no problem with visibility whatsoever.
    So that was the last upgrade I did to my car. At least I think so.. I will also be upgrading the rear window system from manual to electric as soon as I get my other car out of the garage. So now I´m trying to finish up my e30 which will be my daily car for a bit so I can work on this beauty. Later on, I´ll pay some attention to the engine but before that I´ll probably have to upgrade my exhaust system and maybe some other things so I´ll keep on posting updates over time if possible.
    If you´ve read this far, thank you for paying attention to the story of my love and ask away if there´s anything that interests you guys. Thanks !
    Last edited by lidebide; 01-17-2020 at 06:33 PM. Reason: not working endless pic links removed, pls try again+use first the test forum

My Cars
    E36T, V8 E53, E70 D
    ummmmm

My Cars
    E34 & E30
    Sorry, something went wrong when I first posted it.. I just corrected it so hope it´s okay now. Thanks for bearing with me

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    still does not work, I removed the endless pic links now, please try first the pic upload in our test forum and then modify the first post and the correct pic uploads
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    '11 Golf TDI+Porsche 996
    F.
    I own mostly junk. Except the Porsche, that's kind of cool.
    All the motorcycles are trash which you can read about at
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/

I'll update it eventually

Thansk