Thread: Great sale on Supersprint Race exhaust -58% off

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C

Great sale on Supersprint Race exhaust -58% off

If I hadn't just gotten a great deal on the SS sport, I would be leaping right now. If you want it don't wait; when I got my great deal it was gone in <24 hours.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-Z3-M_R...lfLzubYfPjJXg0
    Kelvin

My Cars
    z3
    No headers... Bummer!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    N/A
    Nor cats ...

My Cars
    99' s52 mcoupe
    How hard is the install on these?
    Do the tips fit inside the bumper cutouts? Can’t find specs of width of tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    They fit the stock cutouts. The mounting hardware they include leaves a lot to be desired some additional 90* brackets help.

My Cars
    99' s52 mcoupe
    Is this all bolt on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Should be

My Cars
    02 LSB Z3M Coupe
    This resonated center section is also on sale, but I don't see how it would work since the muffler pipes are offset. I think it may be for an S50?

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 4.48.14 PM.png

My Cars
    00' M Roadster, 07' Mazd
    Quote Originally Posted by scenturion View Post
    This resonated center section is also on sale, but I don't see how it would work since the muffler pipes are offset. I think it may be for an S50?

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 4.48.14 PM.png
    I believe the Supersprint center section is for connecting with their long tube headers and will not work with our stock exhaust manifolds. The muffler side looks normal to me and I think it is the header side that is offset.

SuperSprint.png

My question to the group is if there is a noticeable drone with the MZ3 Supersprint "Race" version exhaust? I've seen glowing reviews from our community about the "Sport" version but, my searches haven't found much on the "race" version. I've come across lot's of complaints about drone on the Supersprint "Race" version in the e46 M3 crowd but, fully recognize that they use a different configuration (large single muffler vs two separate mufflers) from our cars.

Thanks in advance,
    JohnK
    Last edited by killeen_john; 01-16-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    2000 M Roadster
    Estoril Blue, Black Top, Grey & Black Interior
    Mr. M Car reinforced rear subframe, VAC Oil Pan Baffle, Achilles Oil Pump Shaft Kit & Reinforced Oil Pick-Up Tube, Conforti Shark Injector, H&R/Bilstein, Swapped strut hats, IE subframe bushings, H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars, BW engine mounts, BW camber shims, CL Strong Strut, GC End Links, GC RSM, UUC short shift, UUC TME, UUC Clutch Arm Bushing, UUC Clutch/Brake line, Aluminum T-stat housing, S54 radiator and oil cooler, Stewart water pump, lower temp T-stat/fan switch, Aluminum Pedals, Z3 Solutions Trunk Organizer, Leather Z oil distribution block, LeatrherZ armrest, LeatherZ illuminated ZHP shift knob, Clear Bumper Lights, BMW 6 disc, Axxis Deluxe Plus, Doug Whalen seat bushings, Soundgate SDSBMW

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster
    The description on ECS states that the race mufflers require the supersprint x-pipe for proper fitment. So, that's another $560.

My Cars
    00' M Roadster, 07' Mazd
    The same description "Requires the Supersprint Connecting X Pipe for proper fitment" appears for the Supersprint "Sport" version exhaust as well and we know others here have successfully installed connecting directly to the stock mid pipe without issue so, not sure on that one. Hopefully somebody that has the "Race" version installed can confirm.
    Last edited by killeen_john; 01-16-2020 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo
    2000 M Roadster
    Estoril Blue, Black Top, Grey & Black Interior
    Mr. M Car reinforced rear subframe, VAC Oil Pan Baffle, Achilles Oil Pump Shaft Kit & Reinforced Oil Pick-Up Tube, Conforti Shark Injector, H&R/Bilstein, Swapped strut hats, IE subframe bushings, H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars, BW engine mounts, BW camber shims, CL Strong Strut, GC End Links, GC RSM, UUC short shift, UUC TME, UUC Clutch Arm Bushing, UUC Clutch/Brake line, Aluminum T-stat housing, S54 radiator and oil cooler, Stewart water pump, lower temp T-stat/fan switch, Aluminum Pedals, Z3 Solutions Trunk Organizer, Leather Z oil distribution block, LeatrherZ armrest, LeatherZ illuminated ZHP shift knob, Clear Bumper Lights, BMW 6 disc, Axxis Deluxe Plus, Doug Whalen seat bushings, Soundgate SDSBMW

My Cars
    BMW
    The SS Race was designed in conjunction with the reset of the SS goodies, you'll get the best performance and sound out of the complete system, that's why my product guys say requires X pipe. That being said same fitment between the Race and Sport in my personal experience on the M Coupe.

-James

My Cars
    2002 M coupe & 2008 M3
    I have the SS race mufflers, but still haven't installed. I anticipate that they drone more than the SS Sport I have currently installed, which only drone slightly at about the usual 1,800-2,000 RPM's. Great deal on the SS Race by the way...good looking out Kelvin.

We're definitely getting into some euro S50b32 vs US S52 vs US S54 questions above on mid-pipes etc...the header and mid-pipe hardware will vary by engine.

As far as S54, I happening to be running the SS x-pipe, but I'm pretty sure either of SS Sport or Race will mount up to the stock S54 h-pipe just fine.

And as far as that scratch & dent right muffler ECS is listing at $455, that was the first one that ECS sent to me which showed up damaged...below is a better picture of the actual damage to the tip. It seems like ECS is hiding it to some degree in their own pics:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-superspr.../043106sd~ssp/

2002 M coupe - Imola/Imola, 18" BBS LM, Wilwood BBK, TC Kline S/A coilovers, Supersprint V2 stepped headers, SS Section 1 race cats, SS Section 2 X-pipe, SS Race exhaust, 3.73 differential, Sport mode, Dinan ECU
    2008 M3 sedan - Melbourne/Black, 6MT, AA test pipes, Dinan exhaust, BPM Sport tune, Dinan intake, Swift springs