Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Help please: No codes thrown but multiple warning on screen

My Cars
    07 X5

Help please: No codes thrown but multiple warning on screen

New member and new (to me) X5, occasionally throwing these warning: AWD, DSC, ABS, EBV

“All wheel drive system, DSC, ABS and EMERG EBV malfunction! Limited driving stability. Drive moderately. Have the system checked.”

Still drove fine, and after shutting vehicle down and restarting it all goes away, but again no codes when I use a code reader relative anyway just a P0430

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    We could use additional info such as year, engine, miles, etc.

How old is the battery? These cars are rolling computers and whacky voltages cause whacky issues.

That code reader reads only the engine computer (DME in BMWspeak). It can’t read all of the other modules. But the first thing I’d do is have the battery tested. It could be going bad. Also, I’d have the alternator checked out. If both are ok you have a choice to make: 1. Get the proper software and load it on a laptop. Check the diagnostic software sub forum.
    2. Take the car to a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. Try www.bimrs.org.

My Cars
    07 X5
    Thank you,

2007 c5 4.8i premium

not sure on the age of the battery, threw it on a charger overnight and it had a alternator test function on it, I’m sure it’s not the greatest but everything checked out. Ran a scan with OBD Fusion and the results are attached (if it attaches....). This issue seems to have passed for now, but new ones have arose lol burning oil and smoking mostly when idling, from reading the forums I’m guessing and hoping it’s the Pcv valve and may due one of the “bypasses” with a normal valve I’ve seen, and was thinking of putting a “condensator” in line, it’s also losing a bit of coolant, when I got it the previous owner said he had just had the water pump replaced so they may not have seated/sealed it right or maybe the coolant pipe issue? Found this : BimmerFix Coolant Pipe Repair System
    https://bimmerfix.com/product/bimmer...RoCp1MQAvD_BwE and as of today it’s low on power steering fluid.....

Diagnostic Report 2020-01-12.pdfDiagnostic Report 2020-01-12.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The coolant leak isn’t causing the intermittent idrive alerts. Tge modules that are mentioned need to be scanned with BMW’s software. Find a reputable indie shop as noted in my first response.

My Cars
    If warnings are coming on, there are fault codes stored. A generic P-code reader won't be able to read them. You need a real diagnostic tool, and not a child's toy. No offense, but I think that's what I'm going to start calling P-code readers. They're pretty much worthless in the BMW world.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician